Panda Cloud Antivirus 1.1 Beta Released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Brocke, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

thank for the info. good reading!

as for the suggestion, right now inside the PCA gui it wont alert even if ur offline always states ur online when ur not.

version 1.0 doesnt have this issue.

ive reported this bug.

2. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

some kind? so it wont be a full BB?

3. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

I agree with Kees, what is the businessmodel behind this Panda Cloud? You are going to release a free and a pro version. Will you get a new product layout? Are you going to cancel Panda Antivirus Pro and replace it by Panda Cloud Pro?

Also: I agree a little bit on the GUI as not being professional enough: I do really like the simplicity of the GUI, I absolutely love the tabs. But, damn those close and minimize buttons are damn ugly.

4. progress

progress Guest

I assume the free version will only get one technology:

Nice question - I think Panda Cloud Pro will be cheaper than the expensive Panda AV/IS product line o_O

5. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

Hi there, I want to say something about Panda USB vaccine, I think this features is incomplete, it only disables autorun, there is VERY good software that works in this situation better, it not only disables autorun also locks autorun related files and safely opens USB folder. For me it' very important because I use U3 lunchpad. Please, take a look to this software and add this function to Panda vaccine: http://www.usb-guardian.com/

6. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

Wrong, it does more than disabling autorun, you should read back. Anyways if it only would disable autorun it would be worthless anyway, since Windows 7 doesn't have autorun, and Windows 7 is growing and growing.

7. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

But this software does more than Panda USB vaccine and it's way effective .. even in Windows 7 USB Guardain opens USB folder safely so Panda can add these features anyway, it's simply better.

8. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

For most users the disabled autorun and related autorun file fixes are just enough. But if you want to use USB Guardian go you way; to me it just sounds like installing another program.

9. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

So will be better not to use another program, simply integrate that feature will enough. It' my my idea to improve USB feature. U can try this program and you will find what I'm saying.

10. Matthijs5nl

Matthijs5nl Guest

Like I said I don't feel any need for a such a program. I hardly plugin USB-sticks from someone else, mostly just my one. And the fact autorun ain't there in Windows 7 protects me enough in my opinion.

But let's go back to Panda Cloud. Most important question: what will be the difference, feature wise, between the free and the pro version? The behavior blocking/analysing?

11. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

Ok, if you are happy please don't comment my posts, it's about people who aren't happy with this feature. I don't want debate with you, I only posted my suggestion and want that Panda pay attention.. that's it...

12. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

For those of you wondering about the behavior blocker in Panda Cloud I think it's a optimized version of TruPrevent.

13. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

Is there any way to understand that suspicious threat was detected by BB?

14. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

I don't really understand the benefit of these kinds of "USB antivirus" utilities. You know, your normal antivirus does the same job, why do you have yet another one running which only works with USB sticks?

o_O o_O o_O

15. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

Because non of antiviruses detects 100% of malware. This software do this against USB threats. It uses VERY low resources and is active only when USB stick is inserted. Today it's very often when PC gets infected with USB threats. This software is simple but VERY effective.

16. progress

progress Guest

Try it :)

17. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

Thanks, I tried
    I will know when BB is in action :)

18. progress

progress Guest

You are welcome :)

19. doktornotor

Erm... could you define what's "USB threats" here? With autorun disabled, nothing will automagically infect you. After that, it's antivirus job to check what you try to run manually from the USB stick. Actually, what the USB Guardian thing does is kinda false sense of security.

Well... huh. Now imagine this chain: autorun.inf -> foo.bat -> bar.bat -> baz.bat -> sexychicks_mustcheckthisout.pps.exe

Well, this will only "lock" you from running the foo.bat thing, for any other malware on the USB stick your ability to infect yourself is completely unaffected.

Also, it actually has no malware detection whatsoever, it considers anything referenced in autorun.inf as potentially bad, and that's it. So the user browses the USB stick, find the "sexy babes" and - thinking about how perfectly he's protected - happily runs it. :D

Eh... where's the significant edge - I don't get it. Disable autorun and after that you still need proper AV check for the rest of stuff on the USB stick. Actually, simple SRP that prevents users from running anything from the USB stick is a whole lot more useful and with zero overhead.

o_O

20. tsilo

tsilo Registered Member

You must try it to find what kind of software is it. When u disable autorun your USB drive will never opens automatically. When I use U3 lunchpad it's very annoying every time manually open lunchpad and USB folder too...

21. doktornotor

Shrug; autorun is already gone for USB drives in Windows 7. I disable it everywhere else as well... I'd suggest moving further discussion to a more relevant thread. ;)

22. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

has anyone tested this thats using imaging software or VM? i have VM but dont have XP or vista keys.

23. Barthez

Barthez Registered Member

I had troubles installing PCAV 1.1 on machine when Online Armor was running. After disabling OA installation went fine. I double checked to make sure. Anyone experienced something similar? I'm on Windows 7 32-bit.

24. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

not sure if OA tried to block it or if its a bug in PCA1.1 during install, i would just report it to panda so they can take a look at the issue

beta@pandasecurity.com

25. pbust

pbust AV Expert

We will have a PRO version which we hope people who like the free version will purchase. Also we have a similar solution for companies which is called "Panda Cloud Protection" @ http://cloudprotection.pandasecurity.com.

Actually Panda USB Vaccine also has a feature to secure USB sticks completely in a much more automated and user-friendly manner. Try it out and use it to vaccinate a USB drive, you will see. IT supports FAT/FAT32/NTFS. Once vaccinate a USB drive will not be able to be a carrier for infection.

It probably blocked some parts of the installation, I'm guessing driver installations. Check the OA logs I'm sure you can find which portion of the PCA install was blocked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.