Panda Cloud 2.1

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Cloud, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

2. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Hurry up! You're at a great risk! :eek: :argh:

It's actually too bad that security vendors tend to do things like that. There's nothing wrong with advertising their paid products, but they could very well do it in a cleaner way, without scaring the hell out of people. :thumbd:

3. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

50% off Pro licenses till Jan. first

4. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Yep free has its price, a company has to generate money, but this is tacky

5. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

I'm running the latest free version and I don't see any advertisements. Maybe Comodo FW is blocking them? Anyways, no problem after the update, but I'm curious to known how Panda's anti-exploit protection compares to other apps.

6. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Keese, to be honest I think you are overreacting. There are others encountering the same license activation issue recently, including one of our my fellow mods. However, the issue has occurred a number of times in the past and the only "adware" you're likely to see is the currently active Christmas deal. Sorry for your issue, but please bear me us.

7. IvoShoen

IvoShoen Registered Member

I installed the pro version and it worked perfectly for a few days. Today I had intolerable cpu spikes when I would run Thunderbird and/or Firefox. I also have Zemana Antilogger installed. I ran my computer with Zemana disabled and got the same spike stuff. I did have the panda url monitor enabled. I had to unstall Panda and reinstall Roboscan. Now no spikes.

8. jo3blac1

jo3blac1 Registered Member

Panda Free eats my CPU like crazy. I pretty much removed it the day that I installed it.

9. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I'm thinking of picking one up.:doubt:

10. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

@IvoShoen Did you run a scan after installation? When you give it another go, I recommend disabling the URL monitor as it only records URLs.

@jo3blac1 Upon installation Panda Cloud quickly worked to fill up its cache. Personally, I noticed a huge slowdown when I had a dozen different applications running in the background during the process. We recommend running a full scan after installing Panda. A restart may help too.

11. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

How does the Pro version protect me in Public Wi -Fi networks?

12. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

"Protection in public WiFi networks" is a feature apart of the firewall. If you are using a public network you may get a notification (like with Windows firewall).

Fellow Panda moderator "Buddee" explains the trust levels like this:

Home zone (Trust level 100%) = Full trust to your home computers, allow incoming request like files sharing, printer sharing etc.
    Work (Trust level 80%) = Almost Like Home but with some inbound restrictions
    Public Place (0 %) = No incoming connections until defined explicitly to over ride default rules.

13. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

No slowdowns in my laptop. Ran the optimized scan immediately on installation:)

14. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

No matter what AV i install on my laptop,i always do a full scan and a restart.In Panda Cloud's case it will surely help to avoid slow downs or CPU problems.

15. Techwiz

Techwiz Registered Member

The only slow down I notice is when:
    minimizing and maximizing the Panda UI
    navigating the UI (can be a bit slow to display information). << annoying

Other then that, I can run applications along side it while it's scanning with no noticeable lag. By applications, I mean heavy software like AutoCAD 2006.

16. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

For me,with the new 2.1 version all these are gone.:thumb:

17. IvoShoen

IvoShoen Registered Member

I reinstalled Panda Cloud 2.1 Pro without enabling the URL monitor and ran a scan. So far, so good after a day. I'll keep an eye on the CPU spikes. If it continues to re-occur I will have no choice but to give up on Panda.

18. internet addict

internet addict Registered Member

Shouldn't there be updates for the latest threats every day instead of every 2 days? I notice it synchronizes every 2 days against latest threats.

19. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Updates sync is only for when you go offline. Otherwise it's realtime from cloud.

20. internet addict

internet addict Registered Member

I see now. Thanks for clearing that up.

21. Jaspion

Jaspion Registered Member

I experimented with Panda because it seemed better than average at detecting Brazilian malware (from where I live), at a level comparable to Avira and Kaspersky. However, despite all the talk of it being light, I found it kind of sluggish. The GUI is especially slow, which is not nice.

I set it up on a less-than-powerful machine (768MB RAM, WinXP, don't remember the processor), and it worked well, but Comodo AV seems to work faster (according to the users, I haven't had enough time with this machine to say for myself for sure, but I'd agree initially).

On another note, something that worried me and let me to switch back to Avira on my machines, was that I did the Eicar test to see how the AV would react, and while both Avira and Kingsoft never let the download complete, twice I was able to download the Eicar test file to my desktop without a warning from Panda. Also a little worrying was that when Panda did block the test file, it did so when the file was already in the destination folder, while both Avira and Kingsoft were able to block the download still in the temporary folder.

22. Dragon1952

Dragon1952 Registered Member

23. popcorn

popcorn Registered Member

Hi all
    I'm a long time CIS user
    I'm rethinking my approach and am trying sandboxie and Panda cloud pro at the moment...so far so good :thumb:
    I have a question, what does the smart DNS do ? does Panda have its own DNS servers ?
    Cheers

Edit- also why is background scanning after cache synchronization disabled by default ?
    what settings should I change tweak for maximum proactive security
    Thanks

24. Esse

Esse Registered Member

Still did not revive an auto update here, multiple installs.
    I will wait another week, but I think the auto update should only take a couple of days.
    The same problem here every new version when I come to think about it.
    Or maybe it is stopped due to the license issue?

/E

25. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

Still using a big load of CPU as always, just when starting simple programs. When will this fact change? :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.