Panda Cloud 1.4

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by The Hammer, Feb 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I have seen similar behavior before with PCAV.

2. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Does the folder have miniature view of files? If that's the case it could be scanning all of them as they are opened by explorer.exe for the view (for reading file version, digital signature, etc.) so the AV shield checks them as well as it is effectively an "open" operation.

Regarding media files, you can go to the configuration options and exclude certain directories (such as media files) from the shield.

3. ESS474

ESS474 Registered Member

I know but here not in miniature, mode of view is as "list", i not like for excluding because my family is downloading media files from torrents and i find some fake files (malware) then not trusted. but is strange pbust i not have this problem with Avira and ESET.

I uninstalled Panda and back for Avira now, thanks for all pbust, maybe i will try it again in next build.

4. pbust

pbust AV Expert

We will have further tweaking options in version 1.5 which will be able to deal with these situations.

5. ESS474

ESS474 Registered Member

Good. :thumb:

6. carat

carat Guest

When will version 1.5 be released? :doubt:

7. icr

icr Registered Member

I would choose process monitoring anytime coz these days rogues won't allow task manager to run so such processes can be manually deleted once they are terminated this can be done if process monitor is integrated in future versions of PCAV:)

8. Aeolis

Aeolis Registered Member

Hello folks,

I would like to try Panda Cloud, but I would like to know if it is possible to run it alongside with my security applications. I run Avira Antivir Personal 10 and CIS 5.3 (Firewall, D+, Sandbox and no AV).

In short, MUST Panda Cloud run as a standalone application or may it be used as a complementary security layer (like Immunet or PrevX, for instance)?

See you later,

Aeolis

9. pbust

pbust AV Expert

There's known conflicts with CIS, so you'll probably run into major slowdowns when running both CIS and PCAV together.

PCAV is a full AV and in that respect works like that AVs, meaning that it's not recommended to have 2 of them running at the same time.

10. Aeolis

Aeolis Registered Member

Hello folks,

Thank you pbust. So, i will not try it for now. Maybe in the future Panda could create a complementary solution for desktops (like Immunet or PrevX, for instance).

See you later,

Aeolis

11. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

PCAV is strong enough to be used as standalone. So... No, thanks.

12. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I haven't read any posts for 1.4 in a dogs age. Is anybody using it anymore? Does trjam have a licence?:D

13. clayieee

clayieee Registered Member

they are focusing on the 1.9

14. Mongol

Mongol Registered Member

And on the hopefully soon release of 1.5...:)

15. clayieee

clayieee Registered Member

Yeah, i have high hopes on that. I used to be a Panda lover. though im not still contented in PCAV. Im waiting

16. pbust

pbust AV Expert

17. gery

gery Registered Member

how do i know that my subscription is pro or not? i inserted the key but i can not find any statistics on the amount of days i have remaining to my subscription. Is there any way to see it ?
    Thanx

18. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

1) Go to http://www.cloudantivirus.com/forum
    2) Create an account (if you do not already have one)
    3) You should be directed to your account page when you log on. If not, click "My Account".
    4) At the bottom of the page click "edit" and enter your license into the box (case sensitive).

After entering your license key, it will display the date that your license ends. Clock starts ticking after you use the license.

19. pbust

pbust AV Expert

In addition to the method by WinDefend, in the product itself you can click on Help, About and it will tell you the version and license key (if its PRO).

20. carat

carat Guest

This information should be available in Panda Cloud AV as well :doubt:

21. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

True, but the clock starts ticking after you enter the license key, so from the start you would know when it expires. And it does warn you when the license is close to expiration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.