Panda Antivirus Platinum 7.0?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Straight Shooter, Dec 30, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Although I am a NOD32 obsessed fan and will stick to waiting for the official release of Version 2, I am studying alternatives to other AV's, just in case.. Has anyone tried the new Panda AV Platinum? It looks like it has a great interface! However, even though I should not compare an older version with a brand new one, it did pretty lousy in VB's tests a while ago. Still, from the description, it sounds nice! Any one, please?

2. wizard

wizard Registered Member

I would not go for Panda AV. I rate it as average. NOD32 is definitly the better choice.

wizard

3. I agree. I heard it was a real resource hog...and it doesn't generally catch all the viruses.. I ran the beta version of NOD32 until last night, due mostly to IMON crashing Outlook Express when I was getting Klez infected emails.. Then again, others did not have that problem.. I trust ESET and NOD32. It's hard, if not impossible, for me to place that level of trsut with another product. I'll wait for the Final Nod ver 2. I thought I may play it safe, and look around. The only other product I may consider, if NOD ver 2 is a bomb, is maybe escan, at www.mwti.com

I don't think ESET will ruin a good thing, however...NO other AV passed the VB over 20 times!!!!

4. wizard

wizard Registered Member

Escan is also a real nice av. It uses Kaspersky (KAV) engine. :)

wizard

5. Hello Straightshooter, regarding the Klez bad mail you are getting , have you , whilst sorting through your anti virus hassles , tried mailwasher , its a good thing to preview your emails before unloading them and you can choose to bounce them back to where they came from or just delete them , or read them from mailwasher, its a free programme and very good , and can let you have a fairly good idea whether or not the email is normal spam or contains a virus, http://www.mailwasher.net/

6. I just downloaded the Mailwasher beta version, and I must say, I am extremely impressed!!! :D I am going to try this out for a couple of day.. Seems like a nice idea, to check all emails and decide if I want them to go to my email.. I wonder how it will work with the NOD32 email scanner, IMON, and if IMON will tell me that the email is infected when I am checking out the email from mailwasher first..All in all, I will probably make a donation to mailwasher soon!! :D

Thanks for the tip!!!!! ;)

7. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Straight Shooter>

With MailWasher, you should not hear a peep out of NOD [or any AV]as it ONLY downloads the headers, and you have the option of reading them in safe text format first anyway.

It also tells you if attachments are with it.

You will LOVE the Bounce/Delete option. Man I love that.

I was getting up to about 10 emails per day from some "poor south african widow whose husband had millions of bucks in diamonds, blabh blah blah, and she wanted ME to help her get it, blah blah."

Once I got MailWasher and just Bounced/Deleted them [sends message back to sender stating: From Postmaster: "This Address has Permanent Fatal Errors" etc. gotta love that :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.