Panda Antivirus Platinum 7.0 Beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Technodrome, Feb 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

"Panda Antivirus Platinum 7.0 Beta. Some of the new features that the new version will include are:

Maximum speed and minimum computer resources consumption thanks to the new and improve UltraFast Engine.
    Detection and fast disinfections of all kind of viruses, Trojans, worms, malicious ActiveX codes and Java applets , even inside compressed files and through the network.
    New Heuristic technology extremely efficient against the new unknown viruses.
    Exclusive SmartClean technology that repairs the damage in the operating system caused by the most sophisticated worms and Trojans like "I Love you" or "Anna Kournikova".
    Protection module integrated with Microsoft Outlook, specially design to easy the administration of Microsoft Exchange server antivirus. "

Technodrome

2. UNICRON

UNICRON Technical Expert

I would like to compare the lightning fast scanner against the speed of NOD32. NOD32 is currently faster than all others by a wide margin. My main system has 100,000 files across 5 partitions and 3 physical drives. A total of 26 gigs used. There is enough material here to get a good test going.

3. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Panda AV uses large Virus signatures around 62,000(more or Less) so obviously they can't beat NOD32 speed!

I tried it and have to admit it's pretty fast but not fast as they claimed “Ultra Fast Engine”. I wonder if they are using twin turbo system…  :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.