Panda antivirus free offer back on

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Tony, Apr 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arin

Arin Registered Member

last time i checked Panda they said they are providing service for 3 months only. when i registered it was 1yr. check out the site and read it carefully.

2. Stephan123

Stephan123 Registered Member

I have a registration to 15/05/05
    Why have you sayd that it 3months was

3. Arin

Arin Registered Member

because i saw it on their website. now i can't even find the promo offer page.

4. bravesrule

bravesrule Registered Member

who else is using panda platinum 7.07

5. Arin

Arin Registered Member

now this is creating major confusion. the promo offer is offering version 7.05.03 where the evaluation version is 7.05.04. now you telling me about 7.07. did you buy it? how did you get that version?

6. bravesrule

i just went to updates on the panda site to get 7.07

7. Arin

Arin Registered Member

i'm using the promo offer. i updated it yesterday and the version was still 7.05.04. from where did you get your copy of Panda Platinum? what was the version then?

8. bravesrule

i'm also using the promo version.just go the updates on the panda site

9. Arin

Arin Registered Member

so when you were updated to version 7.07?

10. bravesrule

I UPDATED AROUND MAY 20-21

11. Arin

Arin Registered Member

now i know what went wrong. the upgrader didn't work. now when i manually checked the site it says version 7.07 was sitting ducks here from 20th May. sorry if i was bugging you and thanks for letting me know about it.

12. Tony

Tony Registered Member

Thanks for the heads up bravesrule :)
    I only checked just a week ago for any program update and there wasnt one then .

13. Arin

Arin Registered Member

there is nothing new in this 7.07 version....all the same. i noticed that now it takes some more time to boot up. so i uninstalled it. they didn't even fix those false alarms i sent.

14. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

the reigistation link is in the email they send you after you fill out personal info and download it the program.

sorry its a bit late I just downloaded it a few days ago, so far no problems. I also found a link "to resolve several compatibility problems in Windows XP and improve the stability"..

dunno if its already been posted, but anywho...

http://www.pandasoftware.com/support/card.aspx?Id=100000&IdIdioma=2&ref=MicroWerxp

15. deadmanschest

deadmanschest Registered Member

Panda AV Free - No registration - no disinstall of other apps

Hi all;

I just d'led and installed (and updated) the Panda free AV yesterday ( june 9). Couple of comments;

1. I did give a user name and email addy on the 'Survey' page to get a code and do the download, but I did not need to enter the code into the app or go to the website and Register. All that have been entered into the app is my 'user name' - I just ran the Update manually from within the app and it did two updates - one a program update and one a db update - to get me to 7.05.07 ...(I don't like auto updates, so I don't know it it would work as well);
    I do not know about 7.07 as it says I am current with 7.05.07?

2. I have AVG Free (light and fast) installed and active, and use ETrust ( a resource pig as resident) as a back up on demand scanner. I also use F-Prot for Dos (light and fast) as a back up system scanner. All I needed to do to install the Panda was to stop AVG running as resident, and then Panda installed fine....Once Panda was installed, it would run and scan happily with AVG either on/off. I haven't dicked around with any other AVs at the same time, but I doubt there is any great conflict.

I have no view on how good the prog is. I simply wanted an on-demand scanner to integrate into the shell (right-click context) to compete against ETrust.

Summary - the sign-up for 'download' with user name and email, then the Code, and Then the 'registration' process is confusing and somewhat stupid....The 'Warning screens' on Disintall all other AVS, or Shutdown and Cancel are irksome and smack of bulls**t - Why does it not say Disinstall other Firewalls for example? Thats where there would be conflict and all kinds of trouble in my view.. I disabled the Firewall at the Install stage under Custom anyway.

Conclusion - you can install and run the Panda AV (and get manual updates of db and program) without registration. You can install and run without disinstalling other AVS and Firewalls....

Have fun

dmc

16. chia

chia Registered Member

You DO have to register the product in order to recieve the free year of updates with this offer. If you dont you will be able to manually update it but that will expire after 30 days if im not mistaken. So without reigistration you got your basic evaluation copy of Panda.

Also Panda doesn't seem to play well with other AV products installed, so that's probably the reason for the warning they give. I know I've had email scanning conflicts when I had another AV along with Panda. I never installed the firewall that came with it so I have no clue how effective it is.

As far as the product version number, mine too is 7.05.07, it just updated to that a few weeks ago but I don't know if this is their most recent version as I think i've seen 7.06 somewhere.

Nice product that has given me no problems so far, very happy with it.

Cheers!

17. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

How big is the download?

Acadia

18. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

about 25-26 megs, for panda platinum.

19. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

So this is a full free version of Panda Antivirus (just a bit older version)?
    Good days of free sofware are not so far away i guess.
    Alwil offers fully featured avast! Home Edition which is always up to date as payable Pro version,GriSoft offers one version older fully featured AVG6 for free,H-BEDV offers AntiVir PE for free (it only lacks mail scanner) and now Panda too? Its somehwo cool that software companies offer older technologies for free. Its still better protection than without antivirus i guess :)

20. Mannaggia

Mannaggia Registered Member

I also have the promo version of Panda Platinum 7, but I am not running it at this time.

I was using it for several months, then decided to try some other AVs just to see what's out there. I went back to Panda Platinum and that is when this strange problem started happening.

I use My.MSN as my homepage. Lately, when I had Panda running, when I would click on the IE icon to take me to My.MSN, I would get a blank page with "moved here" in the upper left corner. The word "here" is a link that would take me to My.MSN. This does not happen when running any other AV. Only Panda Platinum 7. Any ideas what may be causing this to happen? I've asked this question at a couple of other forums. No help so far, so I figure why not try one more time. ;)

21. Arin

Arin Registered Member

dears, the latest Panda Platinum version is 7.07.00 use your username and password to login and download the latest version from their site.

http://www.pandasoftware.com/download/updates/

sorry Mannaggia, couldn't reproduce your problem. does it happen again when you change your homepage to ...say Google? or the problem persists only with MSN. a mail to Panda support will be nice.

22. Mannaggia

AMRX........The problem was only with MSN. I tried other sites as my homepage, but no problem. Well I decided to install Panda again. This time I tried something different. I have SpywareGuard running. I dissabled it, installed Panda, and rebooted. I configured Panda and clicked on the IE icon to take me to my.msn. It actually openned. :) Maybe that took care of it.

As far as updating Panda Platinum, I went to Panda's site, clicked on Download Product>Entered my username and password. A New Software Versions window openned, but all that was availible was an update for Quick Remover and New Virus Signatures. Nothing about version 7.07. I'm still version 7.05.07

23. Arin

Arin Registered Member

dear Mannaggia, glad to hear that you solved your problem all by yourself. if you want to download the latest version please click here.

24. controler

controler Guest

I am also runnng Panda with sygate firewall. On manual update it saye updates are avalaible but it has the latest defs.
    confusing.

25. Mannaggia

Thank you very much AMRX for that link. I was able to upgrade to 7.07, and I'm still able to get to my.msn with no problems.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.