Panda Antivirus 2007 Beta

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Legendkiller, Jul 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. woobook

woobook Registered Member

Why you don't like Panda firewall?
    Sometime I think maybe "Panda antivirus(without firewall) + Zonealarm" is better than Panda Titanium. But I am afraid of confliction which could not be found ostensibly.
    Meanwhile I have not found a proof which shows me "Why" Panda firewall is not good.

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I don't like two-way firewalls at all ;)

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I am useing Panda with firewall and truprevent and both work very well. the firewall is effective when you configure it and tru prevent absolutly does work, it functions like advanced huristics.

4. ASpace

ASpace Guest

I know , I just don't need outgoing protection since I keep my computer malware free . See my sig- I use WF and have always used only it . :)
    Yes , I know about TruPrevent . To be honest they are also effective protection

5. Durad

Durad Registered Member

Panda is better and better and their heuristic seems to be a lot better lately.

2007 BETA is working nice here, a lot of memory usage but computer is running very fast!

6. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

i think AV only package is a good option.well,sadly panda titanium and IS never worked for me due to time it takes at windows start-up...

7. Durad

Durad Registered Member

Is Panda Firewall still based on Sygate or they developed a new product because Sygate now belong to Symantec?

8. woobook

I think Panda has developed a new firewall. Because when I used Panda 2005 last year, I could find "sygate" in Regedit which was under Panda. Now I'm using Panda 2006, sygate isn't in regedit.

9. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

definetly u can't have sygate...symantec purchased it in 2005,if i'm correct.panda uses it own firewall.

10. woobook

I had tried PIS 2007 last week. I found the options of its firewall is very similar with sygate. Panda had cooperated with sygate for a long time. Maybe the firewall in PIS is the "son" of sygate.
    :D

11. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

In efficiency what firewall would you Compare Panda's to? (I have som processes running which uses the internet, but Panda dosent register them eg. starwindservice.exe, raysat_3dsmax8serv.exe and thats bad IMO)

12. k4dford

k4dford Registered Member

hi,

just downloaded the 30-day trial for this Panda Internet security software. my main problem is how to uninstall this program. the program takes too much of my 128-mb pc and it has affected the performance of my pc. tried using the task manager to end some process but to no avail, i ven tried removing the softare via the control panel but still it does not uninstall. somebody suggested trying the regedit command but to no avail also. do you know i can fix this? i cant do anything now with my pc as everytime panda prompt me to allow/not allow some program..hope you can answers for this.

thanks

13. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Boot your computer in Safe Mode (continuesly hit F8 during startup) and goto Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs , Try to uninstall it .

If the uninstall process doesn't start or if after the restart Panda is still here , then you need to contact Panda's Tech Support and ask for removal tool , no other way ! :thumb:

14. proll

proll Registered Member

Are they provide a free upgrade from Panda 2006 to 2007?

Look at my register information:

We inform you that you have been registered for the new Panda Antivirus+Firewall 2007 3 licenses - 1 year, which we offer you instead of Panda Titanium 2006 Antivirus + Antispyware and that you can access at no extra cost.

15. woobook

When did you get this information? I had accessed my register account many times and never found such note. So I had to renew my license the day before yesterday.

16. woobook

Maybe you bought panda Titanium 2006 not more than 90 days.

17. Richdog

Richdog Registered Member

Nope, it's a proprietry firewall now. :)

18. Nuke

Nuke Registered Member

I have been using Panda Titanium (now 2006) for about two years and I don't have any real complaints with this software. I don't care about their firewall or any other software firewall because I use a router and the windows XP built-in firewall (easier on system resources). What I like about Panda is their anti-spyware program that comes with the antivirus. When I surf the Net I use either Firefox or Opera. I do not accept third-party cookies and I do not download attachments from e-mails. I have never had a virus but Panda does block a lot of spyware.

Does Nod32 Antivirus (which I'm thinking about buying) block spyware?

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
  19. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , it does

20. Nuke

Nuke Registered Member

HiTech_boy, thanks for the prompt response to my question!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.