Panda 2016 Consumer Products released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by LagerX, Aug 13, 2015.

1. imdb

imdb Registered Member

isn't it a little bit too soon to reach those verdicts? gotta give it at least a week to test it, no?

2. Not native english speaking, but (first) impression versus (timed) experience?

3. imdb

imdb Registered Member

yeah, but i was referring especially to #3. takes time to reach a verdict on that matter, right?

4. Daveski17

Daveski17 Registered Member

It will be interesting to see what AV-Comparatives inter alia make of this new version. I still regard Panda as the best free choice at the moment compared to what's out there.

5. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

In comparison to earlier editions of Panda, this is indeed a much better edition (My own personal opinion).

Even though my time with the newest version is a bit short, it is by no means a full analysis, but more so an initial impression.

Anyways, I went ahead and edited my original post, to indicate that it's only an initial impression.

6. Tyrizian

My original post (#3) has been edited to reflect "During my own short tests".

7. zapjb

zapjb Registered Member

@Tyrizian Thanks for your testing results. Specifically Pros#2 which answered my question specifically & succinctly.

8. Tyrizian

Sure, no problem :thumb:

9. imdb

imdb Registered Member

i didn't mean no offense, just so you know. :thumb:

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I like it. It reminds me of Kaspersky which isn't a bad thing.

11. Tyrizian

I never took offense to it anyways, so no issue :)

12. Tyrizian

I like it too, kind of reminds me of Kaspersky and ESET interfaces.

13. ance

ance formerly: fmon

Nice ESET skin but € 54.99 for 1 year Panda Internet Security is too expensive. :blink:

14. Daveski17

I use the free version. ;)

15. bigwrench9

bigwrench9 Registered Member

Look around. You can pick up a ton of deals on 2015 right now which will update to 2016. I picked up 2015 Global Protection for 1 user, unlimited devices last night for $19.95 last night. Now you cant beat that with a stick. But I agree with you, their NEW pricing is horribly overpriced right now. Here's a link for a 6 month trial for Panda Pro 2016... if anyone is interested.
    http://promo.pandasecurity.com/softonicgift/en/

16. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Panda Free 2016 looks amazing. The changes to GUI are subtle, but damn this looks nice. If they'd only get rid of the stupid URL blocking linked to toolbar, it would be absolutely perfect. But even with that, it's currently my favorite AV.

17. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Registered Member

What about Panda 2016 system impact? Panda and Qihoo 360 are the best free antivirus solutions these days, better than many paid solutions too.

18. TairikuOkami

TairikuOkami Registered Member

Not sure, if this is Pros. Internet connection kept failing on the computer, not sure if Panda is at fault though, testing with 360 IS now.

19. ky331

ky331 Registered Member

RejZoR,
    Wasn't there an option (opt out?) in the Panda installation to omit the toolbar?

20. Tyrizian

Large definition files that live on the hard drive versus in the cloud, I prefer the cloud solution. That is why I consider it a pro.

Some will agree and some won't, which is fine.

As far as connection failing, I have not experienced that issue on my machines.

21. Pat MacKnife

Pat MacKnife Registered Member

Always liked panda free, but url-filter sometimes didn't work all the time
    I've had two bsod back in april panda was on my machine _ after that uninstalled , during that time i used another AV
    and two weeks ago panda was installed another bsod after a few days on windows 10 ...... so i think my machine doesn't like panda or it might be due some updates, i don't know ....
    so for now i'm back on avira free. i will follow this thread to see what's happening with other users experience about this 2016 version.

22. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Yes, but also doesn't install URL filtering at all. You have to first install it and then remove just the toolbar part of it but not URL blocking one.

23. Daveski17

When I had a couple of BSOD's with Panda Free on Vista the Panda forums recommended I switched off the Process Monitor as this was a known bug. It solved the BSOD's on Vista. Hasn't affected My Win 7 box at all.

24. cobrafirefly

cobrafirefly Registered Member

I've been using Panda Global Protection 2016 since the first beta was released on both Win 8.1 and Win 10 x64. I really couldn't get it to break my system, and I did try. Pretty reliable, didn't add much, if anything to startup. I was pretty pleased with it.

25. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Did they ever fix the memory leak in the url filter? The last few times I tried Panda, the url filter would used several hundred megs at times.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.