Panda 2007 released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ASpace, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Green Giant

Green Giant Registered Member

If I have followed this thread correctly, Panda Antivirus 2007 does not include a firewall, so what is the incentive to upgrade, if any? My subscription to Panda Titanium 2006 runs until mid 2008, so sitting tight seems advisable - unless anyone knows otherwise.

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I am running Titanium 2006 with antispyware and there is no way I would give it up to down grade to panda 2007.

3. proll

proll Registered Member

I think it is a real down grade from 2006 to 2007:eek:

4. woobook

woobook Registered Member

I think Panda will have four versions four home users in 2007.
    1. Antivirus 2007(including antispyware)
    2. TruPrevent 2007
    3. Titanium 2007 + Firewall (it is same with titanium 2006 plus antispyware, maybe they improve the Firewall, the price will be raised up)
    4. Platinum 2007

5. Green Giant

Green Giant Registered Member

Many thanks to bigc73542, proll and woobok for their helpful comments. I shall sit tight with Panda Titanium Antivirus and Antispyware + firewall, Ewido 4.0 and Process Guard 3.4.

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

As you can see , Panda Software will have at least 3 versions for home users and everyone will be able to choose which one to use . If I were about to buy Panda I would definitely buy the new Panda Antivirus 2007 because:

• It is much lighter than any other Panda version
    • It has no firewall (because I use Windows Firewall and because I expect the new XP SP3)
    • Because it has antivirus+antispyware+heuristic
    When I was using Panda products I have always disabled their firewall , my choice so it can't be called downgrade , buddy ;)

7. Legendkiller

Legendkiller Registered Member

i think i'll agree with him here.i don't think there's much of a downgrade here atleast for me.
    the titanium and platinum give my mem a serious run for its money,but to surprise i found antivirus 2007 to be very light during beta-test:thumb: :thumb:
    more so i own a license of za-pro and would like to use PAV in conjuction with za-pro.
    also,it may not have truevent vers:3.0 with it,but i feel generic heuristics will do the trick along with za's os-firewall.

8. Richdog

Richdog Registered Member

Hi guys,

There is someone very close to me who works for Panda UK and let me just clear up a few things that people may be wondering about (apologies if I repeat any information anyone else has said)

As stated above Panda will have 4 new products:

Truprevent 2007
    Tanda Anti-virus + Firewall 2007 (essentially aother Titanium)
    Panda Platinum IS 2007
    Panda Antivrus Lite 2007

Now let me stress these are not in any way a downgrade from the 2006 products, I have had a good play around with them myself and they are proving very, very nice indeed. In the past the main problem has been Truprevent... it's a great technology but does tend to eat up the cycles and can bring older PC's to their knees pretty quickly. System resource usage has been dramatically increased and now even the Platinum 2007 runs a lot smoother on older machines in comparison to the 2006 product. The Titanium verison is even lighter.

However my personal favourite is the Antivirus Lite 2007 product... put simply this program rocks and is in my opinion the first pure Antivirus solution comparable in effectiveness and resource-usage to NOD32. You barely notice it is running and for gaming it hasn't affected performance in the slightest. It's lack of firewall means that it's probably going to be very trouble-free and easy to support, which is always a good thing so I am told. And 2x licenses for the money is a great buy. :D

I think for the UK there will be a free upgrade to the appropriate 2007 product if you have purchased your 2006 product within a certain amount of time and I advise anyone to take the opportunity. It's looking like a really good product line, and for anyone in the UK the level support is now phenomenal compared to what it has been in the past, especially with the opening of their new forum.

Check it out http://pandasoftware.co.uk/forum/Yabb.pl :)

Rich.

9. woobook

woobook Registered Member

It is a bad news for me.
    I have a Titanium license. If I want upgarde Tanda Anti-virus + Firewall 2007, I need to pay $56CDN for next year. At the time I decided to buy Pand Titanium 2006 I learned that the upgrade price is maybe 29cdn. I don't need 3 licenses for one computer.

10. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

You should only buy 1 year license from Panda, because when they release a new version the rest of your license becomes the slowest thing ever made in pc history :eek: Thet could have changed it over the years... But ...

I started using Panda from the very first Platinium, then it became slow when 2004 arrived, I upgraded and it was back to normal. Then 2005 came about and my AV became super slow again.

I think they do it deliberately to force you to upgrade...
    There is no way that 3 products becomes super slow everytime they make a new version, no way in hell.

But that's just my opinion - I used Panda for 3 years and it happended every damn year.
    New version = Slow older version.
    I'm not just sayng slow, but super slow .. Took 2 minutes just to apply their updates to their database, and it would freeze my pc for 2 minutes. Movies, games and whatever I was doing at the time got ruined.
    And I had a P4 1.8mhz with 1gb ram

11. edwardk

edwardk Registered Member

From the TruPrevent website

"The new TruPrevent™ Technologies, developed by Panda Software, rapidly block attacks caused by unknown viruses and intruders, even before your antivirus has been updated to combat them."

12. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

They had TruPrevent back in 2004 when Panda 2004 was released, but I'm sure they improved it.

13. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Panda Antivirus Lite seems good but i have no idea what Panda is like in regards to detection rate.

also does teh Lite version lack any configurability or options?

14. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Panda's detection rate is really high. They create definitions every day , detect all kind of threats and have 2 protections for unknown malware (TruPrevent - behaviour analyzer and Heuristic Engine) . I have used it and I can say it is high.

Generally NO but compared to many others such as NOD32 or KAV , yes . At least it is made for home users :)

I tried it and no matter what people and PS say , it is still really heavy product compared to all others

15. Richdog

Richdog Registered Member

Yeah, thats the best idea.

lol... of course they don't write them "super slow" to force upgrades, what a silly notion. Panda 2004 was actually pretty damn light, there were users on PIII machines and 256MB RAM that ran it like a dream.

2005 and 2006 were heavier, but this was mainly due to the intensive nature of Truprevent, it canes slower systes. However I had PIS 2006 at home for a while and it wasn't much slower than Kaspersky on my rig.

Antivirus 2007? It's like a feather...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.