Panda 2006 - worst buying?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by 5432453, Nov 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 5432453

5432453 Guest

I saw there on ebay for $10 each. Was wondering if anybody had expirience with this software?

How's it on system resources and is Panda good antivirus to protect computers?

It would be installed on several computers where users are not expirienced.. (office work)

2. Brian N

Brian N Registered Member

It has good protection and Titanium is perfect for inexperienced users because it's fully automatic. It is, however, quite heavy on resources - It will slow the pc down when booting and when updates are applied. It's also quite fast at scanning.

10 bucks is a good deal though if you ask me :)

3. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

Certainly not my favorite but , $ 10.00 is great depending on which Panda it is . Panda 2006 I am not sure what all is contained there but , for Panda , very good price .

4. Technodrome

Technodrome Security Expert

Panda is a good av but keep in mind that renewal prices are extremely high.

tD

5. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Panda is a very good antivirus. In fact my wife, who was running McAfee Security Suite 2005 now has Panda Titanium with firewall and antispyware on her machince.

She began having problems with freezes and her monitor suddenly shutting off. We fought with it for a couple of hours and I then (legally or otherwise) installed Panda on her computer from my burned copy. We updated and ran it and she said it found 4 infected files and cleaned them. Her computer has been fine since and she immediately purchased Panda Titanium. I don't know what the viruses were.

No antivirus is 100%. Even Kaspersky can miss a couple occasionally. Finding 4 on her machine surprised me though. Anyway, the whole story is probably irrelevant. I like Panda. Always have, and it's always worked well for me.

6. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Example: Sony's Rootkit:rolleyes:

7. roflmania

roflmania Registered Member

my friend recommends it. he claimed that it can be used as an antivirus and spyware removal tool.

8. Vuv

Vuv Guest

I've had extensive experience with Panda over the last year working as a PC technician in my city (both with their consumer and corporate versions). Panda Titanium is excellent for users who do little else other than surf, chat on MSN, type documents or do non-network based multimedia. Other than that, Panda will [most likely - as in my case] block any network sharing and Internet/local gaming attempts (Panda scans incoming packets before they are reassembled, siginificantly slowing network performance for higher bandwidth applications), and it is notorious for really annoying popups for things we'd rather it just fix quietly.

In fact, even today I have an appoinment in about an hour to help a local business owner who's had Panda 2006 stop his internal network file sharing. Again, Panda is great if you're not a power user or you don't know or care about networks. But, if you want to share files or play games (Halo, UT, Neverwinter Nights, Counter Strike, etc.), then you're better off with NOD32. However, if your decision is between Panda and Norton, PLEASE do yourself a favour and get Panda. Panda out performs Norton, McAfee, PC-cillin (Trend Micro) and all the other well-known AV products by a mile. Still, if you have the option, check out NOD32. A simple google search should tell you what you need to know.

If you can't afford NOD32, there is a couple free one's I reccomend. They aren't as good as Panda, but they're less obstructive, and when combined with some good user habits, work just fine in keeping a system clean.

1) ClamWin Antrivirus (A windows port of the ClamAntivirus solution used by some of the largest email providers in the world)

2) Avast! Antivirus (Supports many of the same features as Panda, though not as effective. Includes antispyware and network intrusion detection. Also comes with an MSN scanner and a P2P (Kazaa, etc.), website scanning and email scanning).

I don't reccomend AVG, as they've tested as one of the worst and they do little against spyware. Don't forget that Spybot 1.4 is one of your best tools to battle spyware with.

Hope this helps.

Vuv

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.