Panda 2.0 in Download.com

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by clayieee, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

Thank you.:thumb:

2. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Has the issue been resolved?

3. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

I had a half dozen apps I needed to uninstall to see if there was conflict. We never found a cause and at the moment I am not running PCAV.

If you have not yet, you should definitely get a copy of your process list to pbust and he will help you see if you can get it resolved.

4. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I thought I'd try a uninstall/reinstall it didn't work. Also when I came to the part where it asked me to put in my email address and password to activate my account , it wouldn't accept the password but I'm still protected apparently. I have another copy of Avira I may use.

5. ReverseGear

ReverseGear Guest

Whats new in panda 2.0.1 ?

6. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

7. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Registered Member

Panda 2.0.1 changelog:

From "Pbust" ;)

* Interface fonts at 125%. Correction in the Pixels per Point (PPP) escalation process.
    * Wrong detection URL in tooltips (PSUN reports).
    * Error when displaying tooltips regarding firewall reports.
    * Slowdown when accessing shared resources. All documents where being scanned on the server each time the shared folder was being accessed.
    * Slowdown when sending mails from Thunderbird.
    * Slowdown when accessing files on the network.

http://www.cloudantivirus.com/forum/thread.jspa?messageID=132504#132504

Regards :)

8. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Spoiled the fun there, pbust... :p

9. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Sorry I didn't post this on the blog nor here earlier... anyway this was a very small upgrade with minor bug fixes.

10. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Will 2.0 be updated automatically? (Even though I'm in a Standard User?) I asked it before but since the answer I've got is not sure, I'll ask again. :D. If I want to update manually, can I install over the top?

11. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

At present, no it will not autoupdate. If you don't want to wait then you can install over it.

12. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello,

Does anyone know what the following settings do: under firewall>intrusion prevention, both Smart DNS and Smart DHCP (both are disabled by default)? What will they do exactly if I enable them? I ask because I could find no mention of these in the help files...

13. RJK3

RJK3 Registered Member

How are the weird speed issues that some of us were getting? Have they been resolved?

14. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Morning ! I just have a Full Scan clock in at warp speed...all of 18 seconds...otherwise everything else appears to be okay. Sincerely...Securon

15. pbust

pbust AV Expert

SmartDNS and SmartDHCP are protections based on the concept of denying all DNS or DHCP responses which are not related to a previous query from the same machine.

16. kupo

kupo Registered Member

What .exe's of Panda Cloud Antivirus needs to be allowed through Windows Firewall in order for it to work? Do they need inbound rules as well or only outbound? Thanks. I've already allowed PSANHost.exe and PSUAService.exe outbound

17. kupo

kupo Registered Member

There is a weird thing that is happening here, it seems that the "Behavior Blocker" component stopped working. I usually test it by saving a .exe file using notepad and Panda will stop the creation. Now Panda is not blocking the creation at all. Can anybody test this?

18. Esse

Esse Registered Member

@ pbust:
    Regarding the latest AV-Test: http://www.av-test.org/en/tests/home-user/julaug-2012/
    it says both 1.5.2 and 2.0 version were tested.
    As 2.0 have behavior analysis it should score higher then 1.5.2 in the section: 0-day malware. (to me this is the most important section)
    As it was presented we do not know what version did what, do you have any in site?

Cheers

/Esse

19. pbust

pbust AV Expert

@skudo12, I know this is a stupid question, but I'm assuming you've verified in the advanced settings that behaviour blocker is on, correct? Also do you have any other behaviour blocker/analysis software on your PC?

@Esse we've had some on-and-off problems with the URL filter signature updating service in the past few weeks. It seems to be fixed now but it did affect this AV-Test test as well as the AV-Comparatives.org phishing test (there's a mention about this issue in the AVC PDF report).

20. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Yup, Behavior Blocker is turned on in the settings. Panda Cloud is currently the only real time Anti-Malware in my laptop right now.

I've followed this step posted by one of your helper in the forums, and Panda reacted. Does that mean that rules are revised?

21. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Most probably yes.

22. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Thanks. Although, I would really appreciate it if any user of Panda Cloud could test it. Try to save a .exe from notepad and save it to desktop and see if Panda will react or not.

23. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

I'll check on it as soon as I get to my computer.

EDIT: Can confirm PCAV blocked the creation of an .exe using notepad and trying to save it to My Documents using rule 5008. Tho, I'm not sure why it said it detected 2 dangerous operations.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  24. kupo

kupo Registered Member

Thanks, I guess there is a problem in my Panda Cloud installation.

25. carat

carat Guest

Did it affect the malware detection as well? :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.