Panda 2.0 in Download.com

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by clayieee, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Did you exclude the folders or the processes?

2. atomomega

atomomega Registered Member

The folders within Program Files.

3. pbust

pbust AV Expert

CCleaner does quite a bit of read/write operations all over the drive. So while the CCleaner process itself might be excluded, all those read/writes on the rest of the drive are not.

Try running a full pcav scan to fill up the whitelisting cache and then run CCleaner to see if that makes a difference.

4. atomomega

I see what you mean. I already did, tho I think it's kinda paranoic, I do a full scan after installing new software or applying updates. But yeah, the entire CCleaner folder is excluded. Now, it really doesn't bother me, the CPU spike takes less than 5 seconds and then everything goes back to normal. I was just curious because on the exclusion selection window it specifically says "to exclude from scans" so I was wonderig if the exclusions only take effect during on-demand scans, or if it affects real-time "on-access" protection too.

5. pbust

pbust AV Expert

Sorry forgot to answer your original question. Exclusions apply to both on-access and on-demand.

6. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Sorry if you expected a reply from me, atom. I had fallen asleep. :)

7. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

Be still my heart! :D

8. kjdemuth

kjdemuth Registered Member

I'm currently loving kingsoft AV but I will be coming back to panda soon. I'm waiting to test kingsoft AV and see how it fares. PCAV has been doing well on MRG. PCAV pro also seems to be running rather lightly for me.

9. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

You can use Panda Cloud + Kingsoft and see how they fare. I have used this combination and it is an effective, very cloudy setup.

10. Esse

Esse Registered Member

@pbust:
    I am running PCAV Pro 2.0 and I get a popup or in Pandas case a "pop down" saying "New version of Panda Cloud Antivirus available! Download new version"
    Is there a newer version? In that case my installation should auto update right?
    If not, why do I get this confusing info "ad"?

In any case I wish you implemented a manual update button somewhere in the settings menu, just for easy access to those who cares about updating manually.

/E

11. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Hi there,

No, there is not an upgrade available (for 2.0 users). It appears that the banner is targeting users of v1.5 and does not recognize 2.0. A couple of users on the PCAV forum have reported this issue.

A fix for 2.0 users would be to:

1) Reboot the computer in Safe Mode.
    2) Remove the promo.mht file from the following locations (if it exists):

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Panda Security\Panda Cloud Antivirus\Upselling\
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Panda Security\Panda Cloud Antivirus\Upselling\temp\

3) Reboot the computer in normal mode.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  12. Esse

Esse Registered Member

Thx Cloud! I hope this will be fixed in future updates.

/E

13. atomomega

Ok. Thanks.
    No problem man.

BTW, for the last 3 days I've seen Tiny Watcher warn me about PSKMAD.sys driver being modified and manipulating the registry.
    PSKMADwatcher.jpg
    I'm sure there's no malware here in my system but just wanted to give a heads up to you guys. Any info will be appreciated.

14. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

Pskmad.sys is a Panda driver and blocking it may give an error.

15. atomomega

I know. I'm not blocking it. ;) I'm asking why it's been modified everyday for the last three of days. Every time I turn my computer on, Tiny Watcher warns me about it being modified.

16. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Hell, since i'm in the mood for cleaning tools, i'll also make one for Panda Cloud. I know it leaves some stuff behind so why not. avast! Cleanup Tool was released, Kingsoft Cleanup Tool is in the works and Panda Cloud Cleanup Tool is now also planned. Panda Cloud is not extra dirty but it still leaves some folders and registry entries behind after uninstallation.

17. carat

carat Guest

AppRemover is enough for me, I don't need RejZoR PCAV Remover 1.0 Beta! :D

18. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Well, your "perfect" AppRemover doesn't even detect Kingsoft Cloud 2012, only supports Panda Cloud 1.x and still lists avast! 7 under ALWIL Software which isn't in use for ages anymore...

19. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

I wonder if Avira needs one?

20. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Can someone tell me if Panda Cloud 2.0 has the same protection capabilities on 32bit and 64bit systems or are there any differences?

Lately i'm observing that a lot of programs are severely crippled on 64bit systems. But the interesting thing is, this doesn't apply to all of them.
    For example Comodo and avast! both have pretty much the same capabilities on both, 32bit and 64bit. But Rising AV, Kingsoft Cloud, AVIRA etc are all handicaped in some way on 64bit systems.

Does this also apply to panda's Behavior Analysis and Behavior Blocker on 64bit?

21. pbust

pbust AV Expert

AV and behaviour blocker capabilities are the same in 32 and 64bit OS's.

22. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

That is good to hear.

23. malexous

malexous Registered Member

Last edited: Aug 20, 2012
  24. Cloud

Cloud Registered Member

That deal died the following day.

25. kupo

kupo Registered Member

I'm wanting to install Panda Cloud version 2 in my laptop. (The previous version made my pc slower, but after reading through different Panda topics, maybe it's because I didn't do a full scan after the installation). Will Panda Cloud support updating((program updates and not signatures synchronization, just to be clear) in a Standard User Account? Or will I need to log in an Administrator Account and wait for Panda to update itself?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.