Paint Shop Pro Talk

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Uguel707, Feb 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Re: Paint Shop Pro & PhotoFiltre Talk

Hi Sonia!:)

Sorry for my belated reply, we just got back from our trip to Quebec Saturday night after spending a few weeks there. It took some time readjusting because of the Jetlag and many other things we had to take care of.:(

I want to be able to select them all at once.
    In PSP, I can hold down the shift key or chose add/shift and it works.
    Is there any setting in PhotoFiltre to do the same thing?

Yes, there is.
    The simplest way to do it is to apply the change to the whole text while all the letters are still surrounded by the marching ants right after you write it.This, of course, is convenient when you want the change to be applied to all letters simultaneously or all at once. The other way of doing it, when you do not necessarily want the change applied to all letters, is to write the text in a different colour than the background on which you are writing then you go to the colour palette and make sure that the tolerance tool is set to zero so that you can select your letters one by one. By doing this you can even apply a different filter or effect to each letter separately. Notice that some letters can be difficult to select properly depending of their shape.
    The more stylish they are, the more it is difficult to do a clean selection!

Hope this help!:)

2. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

My text colour is usually always set to white by default in Photophiltre. In this example, I wrote "Roses" in white and then I clicked again on the "T" or Text Tool to edit the text. I set the text tool options like in these screenshots.....

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/7780/howto1sk3.jpg

then the plain white text changed for this....

Attached Files:

3. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

...this one was also made the same way execpt that I used different colours for the letters & the drop shadow!:) More effects (filters,textures, relief) could also be applied.

Attached Files:

4. pvsurfer

pvsurfer Registered Member

Uguel707~

All joking aside, have you ever considered writing a PF Tutorial? You obviously know how to use it and you really know how to communicate! :thumb:

~pv

5. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Hey thank you Pv surfer! To tell you the truth I am not always sure if I will be understood well since my first language is not English...Plus, I must admit that it is sometimes difficult to explain things on the internet. So that is why I use a simple language and screenshots.;)

That is something I heard before and yes, I felt the need to.
    There are already a couple of posts in this thread relating to Photofiltre but as you probably noticed, this thread is huge and it would be a pain for everyone to look for specific information about Photofiltre. I am thinking of starting
    a thread of its own for it. Does this sound good? :)

6. pvsurfer

Absolutely... I am a Picaso2 user who has recently tried PF and I have tried learning how to use PF's tools by reviewing some of the existing tutorials, but I must admit that I'm still confused. :doubt:

Btw, I would never have guessed that English was not your native tongue!

7. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

I see. I also have Picasa and I find it is a nice program to start with. Picasa and Photofiltre can work as a team since their features complement each other. I think that a thread on Photofiltre will come in very handy for new users. Of course, if someone comes in the thread and asks a question about Picasa we might be able to answer him/her all the same. I do not think that
    starting another thread for Picasa will be necessary because both Photofiltre
    and Picasa are rather simple to use.;)

I come from Quebec but I studied English at college with British teachers. Well, I must admit that sometimes the French side in me is kind of strong and can get in the way!

8. pvsurfer

Recalling a little bit from my high school French class (a great many years ago!), let me just say...
    Tres bien et merci beaucoup (sorry but I don't believe my US keyboard can produce the accent grave).

9. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Hey, "bienvenue" pv surfer!:)

10. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Photofiltre questions or tutorials

For Anyone that might have questions regarding Photofiltre, please refer to the new Photofiltre thread. As you probably notice this thread was becoming too long to support both and it was getting more and more difficult to find any specific information regarding Photofiltre.:)

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=141853

11. SonyaM32

SonyaM32 Registered Member

Thank you so much Uguel!
    I will try what you said as soon as I re-install it again :D
    Now that there is another thread for PhotoFiltre help, I will post over there if I need more help with that.
    Thanks again! :)

12. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

You're welcome Sonya!

Now that there is another thread for PhotoFiltre help, I will post over there if I need more help with that.

I'll be glad to have you around.:) You might find the tutorials rather basics to begin with but they will become more advanced as we go along.*puppy*

13. HandsOff

HandsOff Registered Member

I did make a stab at the Marines doing yoga picture after all. I think it kind of works...

Attached Files:

14. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

That image makes me think of a show I saw with Le Cirque du Soleil.
    People were wearing strange make-up and sometimes the
    lightning was very similar to that one! :cool:

Lots of nice pictures were sent here while I was gone.
    I looked back at the previous images and was impressed by
    Brad's animation in post #2341! The texture that was chosen
    seems perfectly adapted for the turtle shell...Hand Off, your gold eagle
    was nice too, the cobalt blue made it come out very well...:thumb:

Marja's picture, post# 2349 is very poetic. ;) That was a real good shot and yes,
    I agree, the clouds could be a dragon or even a wolf howling at the moon.
    Are your cat's eyes really green like that?:)

I haven't done much material at my computer lately but I did
    a few pastels that I will show you soon.

15. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

16. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

It looks good Iceni, that's the first time I saw this kind of screenshot, pretty neat! :) The Gimp can make real nice graphics and the rendering is as good as in Photoshop but it was very unstable on my Windows system. So, I will wait.... If they release a version that is more stable for Windows users I might try it again.

Here's a li'l graphic I did with it in the past.

Attached Files:

17. HandsOff

Hi Uguel-

That is cool how the texture shows on the ball and the shadow. Textures are a big problem for me because I don't use them often enough to really get a permanent understanding of how to use them. I have a hard time learning photoshop faster than I forget!

-HandsOff

18. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Hey, Hands Off thanks! but to tell you the truth there was no magic about those textures. I just tried the canvas texture that comes with Gimp. you can do the same inside Photoshop with the Filters Unlimited 2.0 plugin > Paper Textures > Canvas Fine.

here's a rose I did recently with the mouse...Hope you will like it.

Attached Files:

19. HandsOff

Hi Uguel - I like your rose!

Especially the edge at the right corner as it gives it the look of an unframed canvas. I've wanted to end with rough edges but am hindered by the fact that most formats require rectangular selections. Using a black canvas fixes that!

I should look at that plugin. most of the time when I've wanted to to add a texture that isn't already implied by the object it is a canvas or textured paper. I started looking to save samples when I com across them, but I don't seem to have gathered many (LOL).

I've been playing alot with curves (ctrl-m) and levels (ctrl-L) in photoshop. They are pretty much to adjust tone and output brightness. They are tricky to use, but also fun! They seem especially important when contrast and brightness are hard to use.

Here is a flower from my pond! To me it looks like people around a campfire!

-HandsOff!

Attached Files:

20. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Wow, this is really pretty Hands Off and yes, it looks as though
    there were a group of people warming their hands over a campfire!;)

Here is a (reduced) pastel I did last winter...I might edit it with PSP
    later and see what kind of frame might go best with it.....:)

Attached Files:

21. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

Last edited: Aug 27, 2006
  22. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Corel Debuts Free Photo Product
    Story

23. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

24. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Paint Shop Pro 11.0 is available.

Corel

25. HandsOff

Wow, Uguel, that reduced pastel is fantastic!

That is something I would definitely hang on the wall!

It's interesting the fierce competition for segments of the digital image software market. The one comment I thought I'd throw in is that now that I take up to 300 pictures a day, I find the most useful feature of some of these new programs is the ability to rotate the pictures and toggle back and forth from full screen to thumbnail view. That way you can just quickly go through all pictures and rotate them so the ones taken with the camera sideways will be correct for viewing. What I've been using, XnView, only does this for JPG's, however, I haven't updated in a long time so maybe that is no longer true!

This is another photo-2-art program. this is the water color from "Virtual Painter". With VP the computer does all the work. One would have to admit that it takes no talent at all to use. In this case I used it on a picture that I created in photoshop, so I don't feel I have to admit anything!

-HandsOff!

P.S. - I only did the 300 picture thing once, but I can imagine it happening again...

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.