p sensors,synaptic pack. manager

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by cet, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cet

cet Registered Member

I am playing with the Ubuntu 12.04 live CD and I am very satisfied with it.Everything works,and I know I have to wait some time to install this because I have 10.04 right now.But I can not wait,:) this new Ubuntu is the best thing I have ever seen.I love the unity application launcher.I have only 2 questions
    Installed psensors but it only shows 1 core?
    Installed synaptic package manager to see if I have any broken pack.etc is there any risk of having 2 package managers?
    I will be very happy to get the answers.Thanks in advance.:)

2. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

no i am using multiple ones form long time if fact synaptic is much better than ubuntu default one also there new muon package manager i am testing on ubuntu live cd (its default for kubuntu but working awesome on ubuntu as well) please check that as well on live cd :)

3. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

There should be no problem having both Synaptic and the Ubuntu Software Center. I retained Synaptic in 11.10 even though it was officially dropped. If you're a conservative user, I don't think, with all apologies to Mack_guy911, that installing muon on Ubuntu is necessary.

There's a list of "indicators" for Ubuntu here. However, quite a few aren't yet available for 12.04 :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.