Overclocking RAM X.M.P Mode or Not

Discussion in 'hardware' started by DVD+R, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

The situation is this, Considering RAM has a default SPD Speed of 1300Mhz, other that using X.M.P Mode with the Motherboard BIOS, how can I get my RAM to fucntion at 1600Mnz instead of 1333, and for 1600 to show up in the ASUS SPD Information on DIMM Slots 1,2,3 & 4 instead of showing the Maximum Frequency of being 1333Mhz o_O I have an ASUS P8Z68-V LX Motherboard and 16GB of Corsair Vengeance RAM, however I've reduced this down to 8GB, as thats all I really need for general computing, but I would still like to know how to get my system to read 1600Mhz without too much hassle and stress. I called my local Computer store where I bought the MB & RAM from, but I got a reply of look it up on Google ("Wanker He Is") :cautious:

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Is there a reason to avoid X.M.P.? IF so there should be a memory clock setting in your overclocking options of the BIOS that should have multiple selections, one of them should be the 1600 you are looking for.

3. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I don't know if there is a reason to avoid X.M.P, thats what I was asking :doubt:

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Removed Off Topic Post. Let's keep focused on the subject: Overclocking RAM X.M.P Mode or Not and not an individual member. Thank you.

5. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

No there is not a reason to avoid it. I wasn't clear if that was what you were asking. Absolutely use it and it will adjust all of the memory settings for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.