Overclocking RAM X.M.P Mode or Not

Discussion in 'hardware' started by DVD+R, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

The situation is this, Considering RAM has a default SPD Speed of 1300Mhz, other that using X.M.P Mode with the Motherboard BIOS, how can I get my RAM to fucntion at 1600Mnz instead of 1333, and for 1600 to show up in the ASUS SPD Information on DIMM Slots 1,2,3 & 4 instead of showing the Maximum Frequency of being 1333Mhz o_O I have an ASUS P8Z68-V LX Motherboard and 16GB of Corsair Vengeance RAM, however I've reduced this down to 8GB, as thats all I really need for general computing, but I would still like to know how to get my system to read 1600Mhz without too much hassle and stress. I called my local Computer store where I bought the MB & RAM from, but I got a reply of look it up on Google ("Wanker He Is") :cautious:

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Is there a reason to avoid X.M.P.? IF so there should be a memory clock setting in your overclocking options of the BIOS that should have multiple selections, one of them should be the 1600 you are looking for.

3. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

I don't know if there is a reason to avoid X.M.P, thats what I was asking :doubt:

4. JRViejo

JRViejo Global Moderator

Removed Off Topic Post. Let's keep focused on the subject: Overclocking RAM X.M.P Mode or Not and not an individual member. Thank you.

5. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

No there is not a reason to avoid it. I wasn't clear if that was what you were asking. Absolutely use it and it will adjust all of the memory settings for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.