Outpost SUCKS!!!!!

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by controler, Sep 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. controler

controler Guest

Here is the deal. I was just starting to like Outpost when I went to their page and it shows a New Released version right?
    Well my version checks out to be a higher version. I downloaded the
    Released free version not a Beta. I wrote them a letter asking a simple question and look what I get...
    umm How and wher did I get a newer version by using only the update feature included in the free version? Who ever wrote me back from their super douper forum is a real dope head :mad:
    Now I will stick to Kerio :eek:

Dear Sir/Madam

If you have any questions or problems with our software then please fill the
    request form at http://www.agnitum.com/support/ or post the message on the
    forum http://www.agnitum.com/forum/

forum@agnitum.com address is used for forum related issues only.

Best regards,
    Agnitum Ltd.
    www.agnitum.com

----- Original Message -----
    To: <forum@agnitum.com>
    Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2002 3:22 AM
    Subject: Newer Version

> Hi
    >
    > I was wondering why my version of Outpost shows a higher version then the
    > released on on your site.
    > Mine is version 1.0.1817.1645
    >
    > Is mine a Beta?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Bruce
    >

2. Checkout

Checkout Security Rhinoceros

Controler, what you got looks like an automated response. Nothing to vent steam over.

3. bubs

bubs Registered Member

Hi controler.

Its a good firewall. Like all small firms, their support has its moments......

You've got a (typically Russian) autoresponse. The way to get support that works is to post on their forum. Lots of friendly help there.

When I first got it, I filled out the form as you've been told to, then got a much quicker response from the forum.............. Support then really excelled by sending me an email 2 days later complaining that I should not have emailed Support AND posted on the forum o_O :mad:

The product, on the other hand, is great.

Its a bit like NOD32 - great scanner, but not so great support......

I'd give them another try. I used to use Kerio, and have been happily Outposting for a good 6 months.

4. crockett

crockett Registered Member

Hello guys ;)

I'm a Outpost user, and two things I won't ever forget about my Agnitum experience are these:

1°/ I too was rather confused to receive a strange answer to a mail I sent Agnitum, asking for support. The strange answer told me to go to Agnitum's forum and ask there whatever question I may ever have.

2°/ Despite not liking that return-mail very much, I nevertheless complied and went to their forum.

This is one of the most useful things I ever did over the Internet ! There's no way any mail-based support could ever match the kind of thoughtful brainstorming-support one can get overthere.

So I believe the hardest thing to learn about Outpost is that their support is different in kind from any other.

The best thing one ever learns about it is that their support forum is just unsurpassable.

Rgds, Crockett ;)

5. grey_ghost

grey_ghost Registered Member

Hi

The current versions are all 1817.1645 including beta. :)

If you used the update then you received the current version.

Sorry you got upset by the automated response.

Drop by the forums and you will see one of the best support groups around.

Regards

6. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

;)with the admin powers granted to me i hear by lock this thread lol [​IMG]

7. crockett

crockett Registered Member

Hello again ;)

I always like it best when one goes out, sees and makes one's opinion by oneself...

http://www.agnitum.com/forum/

Rgds,
    Crockett :cool:

8. root

root Registered Member

Controller, I don't see what else could have been done. You emailed for help and sent it to the wrong address. An autoresponder (probably) sent you back the two viable alternatives. Had you followed either of those two alternatives, you would have received the help you were seeking.
    I don't understand why people don't want to come to the support forum. It is an excellent place to get help with whatever problems people may have with Outpost.
    I have posted several times in several places here, that I was a mod at Agnitum and if anyone had any problems drop by and see me there.
    Bubs, if you need some help, let me know please. Not fair to me to say Outpost has poor support when I represent a portion of it.
    Anyway, have a nice day. :)

9. Yup..it appears you sent your qestion to the guy who runs the car wash instead of the people who builds and services the car..easy mistake..and it does suck..but try it again as suggested by that email. ;)

10. controler

controler Guest

Ok I got upset by expecting a personal responce but I have forgave that and even though I like Kerio too, I like Outpost better :D
    Tried the latest Tiny Personal Firewall and yuck, that does not like me at all. Very nasty lockups...
    I had a bad hair day I guess. Forgive me? :oops:

11. notageek

notageek Registered Member

LOL. Sometimes people have to vent. :)

12. bubs

bubs Registered Member

Bubs, if you need some help, let me know please. Not fair to me to say Outpost has poor support when I represent a portion of it.
    Anyway, have a nice day.

For the sake of clarity, the forum is great, and I and many many others greatly appreciate your commitment and expertise - Crockett put the whole thing very neatly.

My gripe was not with the forum: IMHO if a customer has paid for several licenses (I bought a family pack), then the 'paid' support option should respond in a timely fashion. Perhaps they should take a leaf out of Magnus Mischel's book, and offer the forum and the forum alone as being the support channel.

Hope this clarifies matters.

As to help - the ONLY problem I've had results from using it on a multihomed server, but as Mikhail has made clear, its a PC product not a server product. I expect to be using OP Pro on my PCs for a long time to come.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.