Outpost Security Suite Pro - 72 hour giveaway

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by IvoShoen, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zerotox

zerotox Registered Member

Thank you! I know that the life-time licenses support program updates but I'm not sure if this is the case with the promotions.

2. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

If I'm remembering correctly, the promotion I purchased was 3 lifetime keys for the price of 1. It was only for the firewall though, not the security suite (somehow I missed the thread title - doh!).

3. Seven64

Seven64 Guest

Re: Outpost Security Suite Pro Free for 72H only!

Agree totally with Blue Screen, and Consumer Beware! ;)

4. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

When powerful firewalls are barraged by too many friendly applications they'll crash, this is by design, in hopes of saving our operating systems. When we install security we're doing it with the intention of protecting our machines from the bad guys, not spending time fighting off the good ones I'd be interested to see what other security measures are on these computers that display the bsod.. :)

Thanks..
    Hogndog

5. 0strodamus

Really? Do you have any data to support this?

6. hogndog

For today all i brought with me is common sense, other than that I'd have to get back in to the beta tester forum at Avira for the years 2006-2009. It came up when we were testing Avira Antivirus build "I'm guessing here" 8.1.0.331. Other than that there are a couple of members here when i was there that may have more information...:)

7. hogndog

8. 0strodamus

No need to apologize. I searched the thread you provided for "crash" and didn't find anything to support that crashes are programmed into firewalls by design. Honestly, it doesn't matter enough to me to continue dragging this thread off-topic. I was just hoping you had something more substantive to offer for what I think is a preposterous claim. It differs from everything I've read to date regarding crashes NOT being beneficial in regards to malware or system penetration protection. My hope was to learn something new, but I think we'll just have to disagree on this point.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2013
  9. IvoShoen

IvoShoen Registered Member

Get free Agnitum Outpost Security Suite Pro 8.0 for 6 months

~ Removed Info and Links as per Policy - Limited Offer to Computerbild readers ~

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2013
  10. MinDokan

MinDokan Registered Member

I had bad experiences while I tested Outpost a while ago.
    The last time a checked was on a friend machine and it was working fine on Windows 7. No slows and nothing.
    Just (I need too) give it a try :)

11. Sm3K3R

Sm3K3R Registered Member

Outpost 8 is ok.You just need to make a new config from scratch and disable some of the features if it works strange.

12. Jerry666

Jerry666 Registered Member

been using outpost firewall pro for over 6 years , never have had a major problem , and I'm running it on 10 different computers . The one time I had a problem support got back to me within 48 hours .
    If it crashes on install I'd say there is a conflict with other firewall or A/V leftovers from incomplete uninstall ??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.