outpost security suite pro 7.5

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Dark Shadow, Aug 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Has anyone tried or using this suite? I normaly do not like suites but this one is pretty nice.I took it out of learning mode staright away after a few pop ups its seems quiet.What do you guys think of it and any know problems or conflics. Feel free to post what ever comes to mind,including security settings,likes and dislikes.Thanks to all in advance.

2. markcc

markcc Registered Member

Hello djohn

I'm running it right now on my Vista laptop along with Mamutu. It runs very light on my system. I have a lifetime license for the suite & I may keep this one for awhile. I really like the firewall & the control you have compared to other suites. The A/V part has improved over time. I'm a fan of having an HTTP scanner which this does not have. I'm going to use it for awhile & see what happens.

3. gdiloren

gdiloren Registered Member

It's buggy. Hard to completely uninstall. In fact, I had the free suite, gave me problems with their fw, uninstalled, then had a one year license extension exchange with Avast Pro but couldn't install the suite cause it said I already had an old Outpost driver on my PC. I scanned regedit but can't find anything. So I stayed with Avast. Less trouble.

4. wildernow

wildernow Registered Member

Seems to be quite light on resources. So far no problems. Will be trying it for 1 year to see. If it doesn't work out well I will go back to Avast Free.

5. Dark Shadow

It seems to run good at the moment,not sure about the uninstall but the install took longer then anything I have tried, felt like it took forever that I almost cancelled it.thanks for the replies

6. markcc

markcc Registered Member

You can use clean.exe that can be found in the install directory. You use it in safe mode. This should solve the problem.

7. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

The official user support forum for OP is

http://www.outpostfirewall.com/forum/forum.php

8. Dark Shadow

9. gdiloren

gdiloren Registered Member

clean.exe in safe mode and my PC boots in less than 30 seconds now. No Outpost suite for me. Keep it far from my pc!...

10. tekkaman

tekkaman Registered Member

Well it has a complete firewall unlike many suites with firewalls that are no better than windows firewall. I like the USB protection it offers. What I don't like is that the scanning takes TOO LONG.

11. The Seeker

The Seeker Registered Member

For those wanting to purchase OSS, use the coupon code 2YRSBETTER for 75% off ;)

12. cm1971

cm1971 Registered Member

Thanks! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.