Outpost Problems

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by dueceswild, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dueceswild

dueceswild Registered Member

I had been wanting to trial Outpost for some time, and the lifetime license kind of pushed it over the edge. I tried to install just the firewall first, then when I got the error message I uninstalled and installed the suite. Anyway, here is the problem as posted at the Outpost user forum. I posted yesterday, and haven't gotten any responses. I was hoping someone here could help. I liked the firewall, but their company support is certainly lacking.
    Here is the post on the forum:
    Hello, I am new to Outpost after having run ZA for many years. I installed (or tried to) a trial of both OSS Pro and just the firewall (obviously at different times . Both installed fine I thought, but upon restart I got the same messages as the OP. I tried to do what he did, and it didn't work. Actually tried several times. I tried various combinations; downloaded each several times and tried installs. Installed directly from the website. Tried to install with the AV uninstalled, installed, off, etc. (Running Avira Premium). I uninstalled completely each time; down to cleaning the registry with power tools.
    I entirely uninstalled ZA prior to attempting to install Outpost; after several years of use I am fairly familiar with how to do a clean uninstall of ZA. No matter what I did, on restart I would get the same message as the OP. I saw no errors during install. My device manager shows the loaded Outpost drivers, with yellow exclamation points. It attributes Windows error 19, but won't allow me to troubleshoot, or delete. Says the drivers may be necessary to boot. I would really like to run this product; I was impressed with what little bit worked. Needless to say, I was also impressed with the lifetime license as well. I would settle for getting OSS or the firewall to work.
    FWW, I am running XP Media Center SP 3 and nothing on demand other than Avira."
    The OP on the forum had the problem getting an error saying that the network operational driver would not load, and that the AFW.SYS driver wouldn't load. He got it to work by installing over top of the faulty install; didn't work for me. Any help is appreciated.

2. cryon

cryon Registered Member

Hi dueceswild

I'm having problem also when I uninstalled OSS 2009 to install OP Pro (lifetime license) which I bought recently. When installed, my network died on me. I would say that I'm also having trouble with network driver but after a few install and uninstalled, everything went back to normal. Didn't know what was the problem o_O .As for their support, I would say they're good :thumb: .

You might try this method as indicated in their mail when I opened a ticket with them.

"Please, install Outpost 2009 again and follow this instruction to save and send log-files:

1. Go to Settings -> Logs, and turn on 'Log debugging information' option.
    2. Set 'Log' parameter to 2. Click OK to save the settings for logging.
    3. Restart your PC.
    4. Reproduce this problem.
    5. Immediately after the problem is reproduced, right-click Outpost system tray icon, and select 'Save and archive logs'. After you will click it, 'Feedback' sub-directory will open.
    6. Send us feedback.zip file, and also attach your configuration files - configuration.conf and machine.ini that can be found in Outpost installation folder. If you can't see extensions of these files, please, open "Start - Control Panel - Folder options - View" and untick "Hide extensions for known filetypes". All extensions will now be visible to you."

Hope that helps.

3. Jaki

Jaki Guest

I would like to help

4. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

dueceswild, Hello can you post the link
    to your thread or what username you have there?
    I do remember there was an issue with remints of ZA
    left that caused a problem, but that was versions ago
    and I have not used ZA in many years

5. dueceswild

dueceswild Registered Member

Giddyup;

In case the link does not work, it is in the OSS forum under the Security Suite thread, started by OP Species. The title is Missing AFW.SYS, and my post is on the last page (page 3). BTW, I did open a support ticket a few days ago, but haven't gotten a response yet.

http://www.outpostfirewall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22526

6. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

duece, thank you and moved that to its own thread out
    of an exiting one...more notice that way
    Gordon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.