outpost pro

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by maddawgz, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

hi peeps i've decided to upgrade my security a wee bit..but popp'n on outpost pro!!!! luve the spyware scanner but do i need to set it for default i konw i just click ok allow all time for appz i know but im not to savvy with firewalls?? thanks MD o_O

bwt i do have a modem/router dynalink..do i need a firewall besides xp?? only reason igot outpost was today i noticed a dirty trojan pop up backdoor? sbot msn or something?

Im not sure why trojan hunter real time gaurd didnt pick that upo_O

Last edited: Dec 22, 2005
  2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

since u have a router/firewall, u can get by without a software firewall if u practice safe hex and surfing habits. as for outpost, id suggest visiting the forums for more specific info on securing it. paranoid2000 has a thorough and comprehensive guide on it. for me, when i install outpost i turn off logging and disable all plugins except for antispyware and attack detection. for rules, i often just go with the default tho i do have a few custom rules.

3. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

If you are new to Outpost, as WSFuser noted, P2K's guide: A Guide to Producing a Secure Configuration for Outpost is worth a read.

Outpost will provide you with outbound application control if that is something you want for your system(s) behind the router.

Regards,

CrazyM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.