Outpost Pro (lifetime license?)

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by JRCATES, Feb 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

I've heard that Outpost Pro offers a lifetime subscription license on occasion.....perhaps as part of a promotion, etc.

Does anyone know how often, or under what circumstances, this is offered? Or how to obtain one, and the cost?

Thanks

2. JRCATES

Anyone? o_O

3. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

4. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Hiya JRCATES,

Maybe you can ask at the Outpost forum. I remember them doing this promo but, I beleive that it was awhile ago. I don't remember Agnitum stating that they would do it again. The people that fequent that forum would know better than me.

http://www.outpostfirewall.com/forum/

5. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Haha... Kerodo hit the "submit reply" sooner. :ouch:

6. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

7. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Hi JRCATES,

I keep an eye out for those as well, but they are fairly rare events. The last lifetime subscriptions were offered, I believe, around Christmas of 2004. They were also offered in early 2002, when Outpost Pro was still in early development. There may have been other instances that I missed. The cost has been the same as the going rate for a first-time purchase of OP. The promotions are usually displayed on the Agnitum home page and you can purchase them via the same links that sell standard licenses.

Nick

8. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

It was done for Christmas 2004 .
    It may be done again but , no way to know and very rare indeed . That was the only time it was ever done

9. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

That's correct as far as I remember and I picked one up...just to good to turn down. ;)

A good purchase! It has exceeded my expectations. :)

10. JRCATES

Thanks, gang. ;) I appreciate all of your replies.

I've asked Paranoid about this, and he is unaware of any "current" promotion (I think the web-site TopTenReviews may have mistakenly misprinted that promo from 'last" year onto their review for 'this' year)....so if anyone would know, I'm sure it would be him.

One bad thing, though, is it seems that I can't contact Agnitum directly. Seems unless you are a "registered user" who has purchased the product, and have a serial number, etc., then there's no way to email them. At least, through their web-site with the links they provide, I haven't found a way to do so.

Maybe perhaps with the upcoming release of 3.5 they'll be in the mood to attract a lot of new business and offer such a promo. Since it's been a while, ya never know, and one can only hope (fingers crossed)....

11. Mem

Mem Registered Member

OT- why have there been so many references to TopTenReviews lately? I noticed Eric Howes has this on his Rogue/Suspect sites list as a advertising/marketing front so reviews could be very biased:
    http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#sites

anti-spyware-review.
    toptenreviews.com advertising/marketing front for products reviewed (1, 2, 3, 4)

12. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

On this page at their site there's a bunch of ways to contact them, but I think you might just try writing to info -at- agnitum.com and see if you can get some help or questions answered. Here is the link to that page:

http://www.agnitum.com/about/contacts.php

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2006
  13. JRCATES

I had simply read in another forum where a few people had mentioned that site (TopTenReviews) regarding the "Lifetime License", Mem. Since they mentioned it and provided a link for it, I checked it out and I saw exactly what they were referring to. That is why I mentioned it, because I hadn't seen it there myself until a few others had actually pointed it out. And as you point out, I think that there are some questions as to whether or not that site accepts financial contributions that would "affect" how they rate/a products rating (not sure about that, though).

And Kerodo, thanks....I will try emailing their sales department directly (from what I've heard, I'm not exactly sure that I will be holding my breathe for a reply from them, though :p )....

14. wolfeyes89

wolfeyes89 Registered Member

does anyone remember if the existing customers got a discount for the lifetime subscription.

15. JRCATES

Well, I guess I owe Agnitum a bit of an apology. I emailed them last night, and received a reply from them TODAY! The lifetime license isn't being offered now....too bad, because I would definitely purchase.

Conversely, I asked a question in the Look 'n' Stop forum and even PM'd Frederic a few days ago...and as of now, still haven't heard back from Frederic OR received a reply from a LNS moderator.

Advantage - Outpost?

16. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Go with Outpost then. Unfortunately, I have seen this slow-to-respond behavior on the part of Frederic and the LnS people before. Too bad, as it doesn't promote their product very well.

17. Get

Get Guest

In the Netherlands a company is offering a lifetime licence for €79,95 (normally you get 3 years for that money), but who knows how Outpost will be in let's say a year...

18. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

Do you have a link for that?

19. Get

Get Guest

20. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

21. JRCATES

Thanks Get....if only I was fluent in other languages (LOL). Do you know if that site is legit or not, because the rep from Outpost that contacted me acted as though they most definitely are NOT offering lifetime licenses, and asked if I could provide him/her with the link that indicated as much (I told them TopTenReviews).

I think Outpost in one that will work out the kinks and iron out their product. They seem to be trying to do a little too much, too fast (typical of most companies that want to be THE solution, instead of one of)...but I'm guessing they'll correct that, and be around for the long haul.....

22. Get

Get Guest

You're welcome and yes my guess is it's legit. It's one of three resellers of Outpost in the Netherlands as listed on the Agnitumsite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.