Outpost Pro & Jammer

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Smokey, Apr 7, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

o_O

Hi girls and guys!

Can someone explaine me the differences between Outpost Pro and Jammer, and which one of the two is working better?
    I only know both products are from Agnitum...

Ciao, Smokey

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Hi, Smokey! Welcome to the forum!

Basically, what you need to do is go to this page: http://agnitum.com/products/ , read the little blurb for both Jammer and OutPost and follow the link for 'More' on both. The differences between the two will be explained there.

As to which one you might want, it depends on what you want done and what other, similar programs you already have on your computer.

Of the two, OutPost has a lot more features.

Jammer will prevent you from using programs such as SpyBlocker, which requires control of port 80
    unless you start Jammer manually after such a program.

Personally, I had a lot of problems with Jammer 2.0 on my computer - this despite a lot of really good attempts by both tech support and people on their forum to get it straightened out (you, of course, may have no such problem due to the differences in our systems).

HTH Pete

3. root

root Registered Member

I think you could say that Outpost is the next generation of protection from Agnitum. Agnitum is putting a lot of time, money and work into Outpost, and they mean for it to be the best Firewall ever. Mikhail takes a lot of pride in Outpost as it is a dream he has had for a long time, in the making.
    After a couple of XP bugs are worked out in the next version, there is going to be a lot of new features added that I am personally looking forward to.
    Come over to the Outpost forum and ask some questions if you like. http://www.agnitum.com/forum/

4. Smokey

Smokey Registered Member

Thank you and the others for your superfast reply.

Have already tried the newest version of Outpost Pro, but i discovered that there are some holes and bugs in Outpost Pro, and was hoping that Jammer is the better choice  :mad:

Think that i will stay use ZAP 3x.

Ciao Dave

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.