OutPost Pro icon green with white minus sign

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Rilla927, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rilla927

Rilla927 Registered Member

Can someone tell me why after I have installed OP after a week the icon is green with a white minus sign?

Anyone else have this?

2. Motherroad

Motherroad Registered Member

The firewall is in the block most setting. You can change it in the firewall settings to rule wizard if you want. Why it changed on its own I don't know.

3. Rilla927

Okay, I changed it back to rule wizard and the icon is blue.

Thank you!

4. arsenaloyal

arsenaloyal Registered Member

It changes to green as rules wizard would be intially for a week where the firewall would learn your applications behaviour,i use the block most setting,so i have the green icon always!

5. Rilla927

Which is safer the "Rules Wizard" or "Block Most? I put it back to Rules Wizard and the icon is blue.

6. arsenaloyal

Block most is safer,simply because it will block any unknown programs,without any prompts.

7. Rilla927

Okay cool.

I had to revert to learning mode again for the program to pick up a specific program and create the necessary rules.

Upon doing this I discovered when you revert back to learning mode it wipes out all your previous rules you setup. That stinks.

Now say you have to add a .exe that isn't in the list of application rules. Do you have to make a rule for both 32bit and 64bit? The system is Win7 64bit.

Thanks

8. arsenaloyal

Even i use Win7 x64,yes you need to add application rules separately for both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions of the applications,a case in point is photoshop that i use has 64 bit setup and in the application list its will appear as different rule because its not the same executable,although its the same application.

9. Rilla927

Hi Arsenaloyal

Thanks for answering. I have only 3 programs out of the whole list for application rules that identify themselves as 32bit or 64bit.

When in learning mode and automatic rule creation is on what does it deafualt to as far as 32bit or 64bit (the ones that are not identified as 32bit or bit)?

I was sifting through all application rules and found that Task Manager, Userinit.exe had internet access. Also Wuauclt.exe had Socks and Proxy set for internet access. Why would these programs need this type of access?

Should "Block" and "Allow" rules be applied "before application rules" or "after"?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.