Outpost New Release version 2009

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by mack_guy911, Jul 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. osip

osip Registered Member

Changes in Outpost Firewall Pro 2009 (build 6.5.2358.316.0607), 15 July 2008:
    The following issues are resolved (only significant ones are listed):
    * Connections were blocked on sending attachments through POP3
    * Improved overall system performance

2. Persian Boy

Persian Boy Registered Member

I tried the last version of outpost pro but it doesn't work well with Avira personal premium because Avira's proxy connection. I had problem with rule cration for Micro$osft world 2007 and Yahoo messenger v.8.

I uninstalled Avira and Outpost. installed again outpost pro with Antispyware enable and then I installed NOD32 v2.70.39. Now it work very well.

3. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi,

I managed to have OP's Antispyware realtime enabled, surprisingly it is so light and working so smoothly in background and has so far detected few backdoors which SAS's realtime has missed.

Has anyone had OP's AS real time turned on ? I like to share your feed backs.

4. waters

waters Registered Member

Works very well with Avira Premium here,Outpost disabled its web control on install (compatibility mode)

5. awesome1

awesome1 Registered Member

Is there any particular way to intall KAV8 & OP 2009? I presume Kav first followed by OP but is there any other settings that have to be altered to make them work well together?

6. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

anyone using Outpost 2009 with Avast antivirus?

7. osip

osip Registered Member

Hmm..Interesting. No compatibility prompts from OP ? Wonder if this reverted install order could work With NOD32 v3...If you have Nod installed prior to OPFW OP:s AS will be aut. disabled.

8. Persian Boy

Persian Boy Registered Member

Yes, Outpost Antispyware works together with Nod32 v.2 and no compatibility prompts from outpost. You must install OP first and then install NOD32 v2.. it will be OK!

I can try this method with NOD32 v3 on Monday.:)

Attached Files:

9. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

It was too good to last. Got a bluescreen (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on ndis.sys) after turning it off for 30 minutes (I think it bluescreened when it automatically turned on again) and it kept bluescreening after restarting the computer. The firewall icon would appear for ~2 minutes then kaboom.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.