OutPost Free FW disables applications

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by TheSentinel, Nov 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSentinel

TheSentinel Registered Member

Wuppertal-GERMANY (City of the famous Schwebebahn)
    Hello to all

I've noticed that OutPost (Release 1.0.1817.1645) puts applications from trusted and / or semi trusted status up to blocked status.

This can be reproduced each time when not shuting down the system correctely. Does anyone here has an idea why this can happen and how it can be solved or prevented?

Thanks a lot
    Bye 4 now
    Udo

2. Ghost

Ghost Guest

It happens in the pay version, too.

Guess it's just a weird by-product of a crash or a freeze.

At least by now we OP users know where to look first when an app doesn't want to connect! :D ( And, better that it stops things from connecting in that case, rather than allowing things to connect).

Have you checked the OP forum for similar comments?

3. tsr

tsr Guest

The problem your having was addressed in the OP forum awhile back. I also have OP FW installed but have never had this problem come up. According to the people at OP you may have a corrupt file. It has been suggested to uninstall than re-install OP this should correct the problem. For any further info you can go to the forum and post.
    http://agnitum.com/forum/index.php
    I hope this helps :)

4. TheSentinel

TheSentinel Registered Member

Wuppertal-GERMANY (City of the famous Schwebebahn)
    Heya

thanks to Ghost and tsr for your answers. I've uninstalled OP and installed it again after cleaning the registry. Same happend after a new install. I'm absolutely sure that I've disabled the option of automatic updates, so I can't have gotten any new updates.

I'll have a closer look at the given OP forum link (thx tsr). May be I'll find answers there. If so, I'll post it here asap for all other OP user having the same problem

Bye for now
    Udo

5. root

root Registered Member

Hi Udo.
    I don't remember dealing with that problem personally before, but if you do come over to the Outpost forum, we can help figure out whats going on a little better there. Lots more people around with Outpost experience.
    Look forward to seeing you there. I'm also a Mod there.
    :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.