Outpost Firewall x64

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by RuCola, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RuCola

RuCola Registered Member

Hello!
    At the beginning you would like to apologize for my English, I hope that it will be as easy to read :)
    I'm using Outpost for a long time, the version of Win x64 for a couple of months. This is my favorite firewall and HIPS, but I noticed some disturbing things. I did some testing and I know that Outpost does not control the COM interfaces and intercepts attempts DNS Api requests and direct access to the registry. Coped with this disabling system services BITS and DNS Client. Outpost does not stop ICMP connection, it automatically transmits to all applications. As you can see in the image combination "n/a" so interprets the application that sends ICMP. For Win x32 applications Outpost recognizes normal and asks the user to attempt to connect ICMP by the application COT.
    I know that in a big way PatchGuard limits the control of such programs, but I wonder if it really Outpost is a good option for Win x64 and do not go to the Online Armor which can easily pass basic tests.
    What do you think about all this, maybe not worth the bother?
    Best Wishes!
    RuCola

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 5, 2012
  2. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

3. RuCola

RuCola Registered Member

Thank you for the reply and the link. From this it follows that it is old and still unsolved problem, I do not know what to think about it all. Write to support ... I wonder what will be answered...

4. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I tried using Outpost a few months ago, and they still had not fixed a bug I reported about a year ago with XP Pro x32. I use Online Amor, but I still wanted to give Outpost a try since I liked them in the past.

5. RuCola

RuCola Registered Member

Cutting_Edgetech
    What is this bug?

I got a reply from support:
    Agnitum blog I read from some comments that the version of Outpost v8 is scheduled for release before the stable release of Windows 8 and that they are working on strengthening protection for Win x64. I hope this proves true!

6. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.