Outpost Firewall - how to view all connections?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by jdjdjd, Dec 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdjdjd

jdjdjd Registered Member

Is there a way to view all connections from Outpost Security Suite?

The main window (under Network Activity) shows all processes which have connections, as well as the number of connections, but I want to be able to see the details for each connection.

Thanks...

-- jeff

2. kronckew

kronckew Registered Member

click the column header 'process name' to change the views. one lists all the processes with a boxed plus sign. click the plus sign to list the connection details. click the boxed minus sign to collapse the tree again & change it back to a boxed plus. the list is dynamic, so it jumps around a lot as connections change.

right click a line & select 'columns' from the resulting context menu, tick boxes for the info you want displayed. click other headers to sort list based on that header info. click again to change from ascending to descending, and visa versa. the 'columns' context window also has a 'rows' tab that allows some additional selections to display ip addresses or domain names, port name or numbers, etc. the column selection window also has buttons you can use to change the column order by moving the selected ticked box lines up or down the list.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  3. jdjdjd

jdjdjd Registered Member

I don't see these options, but I'm running the free version. Will this work only for the Pro version?

(Also, the subject line in my message was incorrect: I am running Output Security Suite, not Outpost Firewall.)

One more question: when looking at the Application Rules list, is there a way to sort by date (Free and/or Pro)? What I'd like to do is see the most recently added rules (for example, sometimes you have to add a rule to get a program to work, and then you want to remove it later).

Thanks...

4. kronckew

kronckew Registered Member

the free version is a number of releases ago.

we're on version 9.0 of the pro version. my examples are based on the security suite v9 pro.

the free suite has limited support by us at the forum (link in my siggy below). as i do not have the free version, someone else might be able to help if you post in the free version sub forum there. the free version does not have all the bells and whistles and controls the pro does, but does offer a good level of protection.

if you need more, you should be tempted to buy the full pro product. the free version is an appetiser for the main course.

5. jdjdjd

jdjdjd Registered Member

I was hoping to evaluate the Pro version by using the Free version, but that isn't working as expected, so I appreciate your help.

Regarding the Pro version, I have one additional question.

When looking at the Application Rules list, is there a way to sort by date? What I'd like to do is see the most recently added rules (for example, sometimes you have to add a rule to get a program to work, and then you want to remove it later).

Thanks...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.