Outpost 9.3 not updating

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by jhr76, Jun 23, 2016.

1. jhr76

jhr76 Registered Member

Hi. My Outpost firewall hasn´t been able to update its configuration files and presets since May 20. I have tried deleting the update folder but it still fails. According to the Agnitum site they will provide updates until December 31. Is anyone else experiencing this? Do you know of any solutions? Thanks a lot in advance.

2. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

3. Rainwalker

Rainwalker Registered Member

Strange.....The last update I have came about 15 minutes ago.
    Malware sig 33498475

Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
  4. jadinolf

jadinolf Registered Member

Just checked. My last update was 6/8.

Attempts to update results in an error message.

May be the end.:(

5. jadinolf

Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Checked my i5 computer and last update was yesterday.

Tried again and now 6/23.

Now I must investigate. Any ideas?

6. jadinolf

Reinstalled V9.3 and it updated by itself.

phew.......:)

7. trott3r

trott3r Registered Member

Updated just now 23rd june 20.16

Glad people are talking about this as i do wonder if they will cut us off early.......

8. jhr76

jhr76 Registered Member

I just reinstalled it too and it updated successfully :D

9. jadinolf

Yep, I figured it was all over but when another computer updated O.K. I figured we were good.

10. jadinolf

Oh, I just installed Windows Firewall Control on my sacrificial computer but I may be too stoopid to use it.
    Heck, I only have 10 minutes experience with it. We shall see.

11. jadinolf

Yes, I was too stoopid to use it.

Back to outpost.

12. kronckew

kronckew Registered Member

just updated OPFW pro 9.3, successful. agnitum are supporting OPFW & OSS 9.3 until the end of the year, they have a small team assigned for that. sadly, that may mean longer delays recovering from an update glitch at their end.

sometimes your d/l files may get corrupted, turn off self protection, exit OPFW/OSS and shutdown the service. delete everything in the update_oss folder and restart OPFW (or reboot). it will likely work then if the problem was your end. reinstalling is another option if that doesn't work.

13. Poppey

Poppey Registered Member

Hello, I have Windows 10 latest Version on my PC. I have a lifetime licence of Outpost Security Suite. Now I have installed it (only the Firewall without the malware). The problem is, I get so many notivactions. Learning modus is enabled, but when I locked in Windows 10 I get 30-50 notifications. In many notifications are the path device\harddiskvolume1\Program Files\.......
    I have OSS on my netbook with Windows XP and everything works fine, no Popups and on Windows 10 it is very difficult to work with all these Popups. I have also No Virus Thanks installed and many notifications are "Process xxxx wants to modify destination process EXERADAR.EXE.
    I don't know if all these Popups are normal or is OSS not compatible with Windows 10?

14. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Poppey

In case you don't know Outpost has been discontinued. Agnitun has been acquired. You probably need to find a new firewall for win 10

15. Poppey

Poppey Registered Member

Yes I know that Outpost is dicontinued, but the last version should be work with Windows 10. But I don't know if it works with the latest Windows 10 version. I have Glasswire (the pay version). I find Glasswire very good but the only think what I find not so good is, Glasswire don't ask me again if the program get the permission from me to connect to the internet when the program version was changed. Glasswire asks only for the first connection. When a programversion changes I get only an notification that it is changed.

16. kronckew

windows 10 and outpost work fine together. agnitum have a small team continuing to support it till the end of the year, when updates are scheduled to stop for the anti-malware items. i personally am running outpost firewall pro 9.3, without the anti-malware parts of OSS, along with eset smart sercurity without it's firewall portion.. OSS may be incompatible with another antivirus program like exeradar tho. your may need to go into the advanced settings of OSS, find the exeradar app, modify rules, and change the anti exploit setting to allow memory injection. assuming you trust exeradar. see image below for an example.

note that we users still are supporting outpost on the forum (see my signature) and you may find someone there more familiar with OSS and exeradar interactions. it does sound to me like exeradar duplicates most of the functions OSS does, and you may not need it, and could possibly deactivate or remove it.

long term, OSS anti-malware sections will not have their signature files updated, and when that stops you would b e better off deactivating the anti-malware parts of OSS & just leave the firewall parts, and then install a third party antivirus.

when agnitum finally pulls the plug, we are planning to continue a user forum here at wilders for outpost FW and OSS, so all is not lost. i attach a copy of the application settings for malwarebytes antimalware which i also run on my pc (and allow the process memory injections)

Capture-001.jpg

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  17. act8192

act8192 Registered Member

Wayne, what will be the fate of the current threads on the forum, many of which contain most useful information?
    Will they migrate here or be someplace we can access?
    Also what will happen to the current Agnitum knowledgebase articles?

18. kronckew

there does not seem to be any practical way to export the threads and import them here, other than cutting and pasting each post. :(
    as there are decades worth, and we are unpaid, this is not currently an option.

i am only a lower level admin, more of just a senior moderator, and do not have full admin rights either.

i'll bring it up again with the other mods over there, as well as the agnitum contacts, it's getting closer to the end of the year deadline.

p.s. - just checked my logs, presets, etc. for OPFW pro are still working.

Capture 002.jpg

19. trott3r

Glad to hear that something will be done to support opfw post 2016.
    Could something be done using the wayback machine to archive most of what is on the forum?

20. trott3r

Sounds like its doing its job to me.

Keep with it and i am sure it will settle down after a week and be better after the first day.

21. Poppey

Poppey Registered Member

Thanks for all the answers. Ok I hope the Popups will reduce after some time :)
    But is it normal to have Popups where the path is \device\harddiskvolume1\program files\......? I also find these paths in the application rules. When I click in the application rules on these paths and click on properties, then I get an error that the file was not found. I think these entries are not normal and the Popups with these \device\harddiskvolume1\... entries are also not normal.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.