Outpost 8.0(4164.652.1856) Final

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Rules, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

Could have been the result of your Revo uninstall. Most security and partitioning software should only be removed by way of their own uninstallers. Unfortunately, I learned the hard way myself:(

2. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

It's possible, Tom, and it's a good thought but if I recall correctly I've done it both ways (over the past year or two) without much joy. So it goes.

If I do ever try again in the future I'll make sure to forgo using Revo as I definitely used it this time around. :thumb:

3. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

working great here and the deal for the OSS is great.

4. SpeedyPC

SpeedyPC Registered Member

Seem like nobody has noticed the change in the attack detection default settings :cool:

5. Blues7

Blues7 Registered Member

Hi Tom,

I found myself with a little time on my hands to work with my setup and decided to play devil's advocate (given your recommendation)...

...so I removed my current firewall/hips via their uninstall, leaving Revo out of the mix.

Rebooted twice and then installed Outpost. Got all the proper messages and rebooted when requested. No joy. Rebooted again...still failed.

And thus ends my experimentation. This is not to say it's not a fine program...I'm sure it is...it just doesn't like something on my machine. C'est la vie. :ouch:

6. Disney

Disney Registered Member

Sadly , Agnitum has been known to release things when they are not ready . Many here say it is great . I will continue to use 7.6 until I am as close to sure as possible that they did not screw this one up . Too many fans exclaim how wonderful it is . Well....it is a great firewall DEPENDING upon which version you use . Since 8.0 is new , I would not touch it yet without a complete backup of your system . They are well known to release buggy crap at times . I say this because true Outpost fans will not admit it . They are too involved in hype . Once I give it a try , I will chime in with more . For now I say that anyone about to attempt using this go for it with ease . And BACK UP !!!! Best of luck to all

7. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

Yes I noticed it. Moved it back to optimal. Never tried Maximum... maybe I will later.

The interface is easier. That is good.

I uninstalled the "old" version, after taking an image (insurance) then let the new one run in learning mode for a day.

Now I'll go through the rules tighening up. Watch for allowed inbound rules in the presets.

8. arsenaloyal

arsenaloyal Registered Member

No I never noticed it, I have a custom config which i import, so i never see what the default is!

9. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! Took advantage of the offer...installed O.S.S. and am very impressed so far. Used to use the old firewall...can't get over how stable 8.0 is...I enjoy it's uncluttered layout and user friendly Gui...and no lagging in page rendering on web sites. So far it's all good. Sincerely...Securon

10. Disney

Disney Registered Member

Excellent to hear !!!:thumb:

11. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

This is the last day for the lifetime license for Outpost Security Suite and Outpost Firewall Pro.

So get it while you can. :):thumb:

12. flamerz

flamerz Registered Member

i read 31 jan 2013 as the end.

im wrong?

13. siketa

siketa Registered Member

14. starfish_001

starfish_001 Registered Member

How are people getting on with v8 and windows.

For me not so good

After install reboot and blue screen, reboot bsod - windows trying to fix it self with the automated repair - restore from image.

I have appguard and secure anywhere installed I guess some sort of very severe clash - I guess I have to wait for the next build.

For now back to online armor - although I prefer outpost

15. Escalader

Just a comment....

what version of windows are you on? W8 or W7 ?

my GUESS is you have a clash twixt settings in OP and appguard.

try turning appguard off for a bit, remove 100% of OP reinstall it and let it run in learning mode for a week untill everything you use has been run.

Report back here or to the OP user support forum.

I liked OA as well but there is no promise that the same issues wont appear with it

Good luck

16. starfish_001

I'm running windows 8 - I have used appguard with outpost for a couple of years. Im waiting for support to comment until then OA will stand in

17. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

This new version is great, for being a release candidate, just some finishing touches it will be ready for prime time. I gave it a test drive found out what i wanted then uninstalled it using the Revo Uninstaller then Zap! parts and pieces everywhere, it took approximately 3 hours to untangle the mess and then i found this

You might want to try this in case everything else fails, I'm running XP Pro and it worked for me.. ;)

One more thing i used the one at the bottom of the list 7.0-7.5

Hogndog

18. Escalader

Many specialized programs recommend an uninstall with their special procedures. Norton, McAfee and ZA pro all were like that.

19. starfish_001

In my case this does not apply - clean install never had another firewall installed....... and the outpost install made windows 8 so unstable I could not access safe mode.

20. hogndog

hogndog Registered Member

As I'm finding out, and while I'm at it I'd like to turn my attention to the guests that browse these forums. Most if not all of the members at Wilders are experts and have seen what a beta build can do to a machine, when you don't know what your doing, i speak from experience as a beta tester. So be careful with your computer, if you don't know how to do something "Don't Do It" Always ask, that's why these forums are here, no need to be bashful we are all newbies when we start..;)

Thanks..
    Hogndog

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  21. zerotox

zerotox Registered Member

A rule I think is essential - never use third party uninstallers for uninstalling security products! Ignore any recommendations that Revo or whatever other uninstaller can do better than the dedicated security product uninstaller or the separate uninstaller recommended by the official site (forum) of the respective security produst.

22. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Seconded! I've seen it cause a lot of damage.

23. biscuits

biscuits Registered Member

24. siketa

siketa Registered Member

The offer was extended later.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  25. Feandur

Feandur Registered Member

OK
    Clock is ticking.

Just got lifetime licence for 3 PC's for Outpost Pro FW.

Princely sum of AU$38.94 here in Australia

Got to be a good deal.

- cheers
    feandur.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.