Outpost 2008

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by chaos16, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

then i might try Online Armour free firewall

2. dmenace

dmenace Registered Member

I just wanted to add that I have ditched Comodo 3 in favour of Outpost 2008. It runs very fast and is stable - had no problems at all.

A new release was released recently that fixes the problems that plagued the previous version.

Its learning mode is great too. :thumb:

3. TVH

TVH Registered Member

I did the same, tried online armour and comodo and am sticking with outpost.

4. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

A note here also. This thread is about Outpost. Comments about Zone Alarm, Comodo, Online Armor don't belong in this thread. Please stay on topic.

Pete

5. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

im gonna try Outpost lets see how it is :)

6. mrhero

mrhero Registered Member

Outpost 2008 is buggy because it bases on totally new architecture. IMO in 2-3 months it will be stable.

7. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

I hope so because the last hand full of versions have not been so stable. :(

8. captkirk

captkirk Registered Member

I've used earlier versions of Outlook and found it a sound product. But when my license ran out I went to other products (i.e. Suites). One of them was KIS. This product worked well for a while until my C drive partition filled up (but that's another story).

Now I'm trialing Outpost 2008 and so far it seems stable but, is it my imagination, but do the screens look haunting like those used in KIS? Almost looks like trade mark infringement?

Has Agnitum built their new product around KIS? Is this KIS with a Agnitum veneer? Or is KIS using Agnitum as their firewall? Who's product is Agnitum using for the Malware component?

Any insight would be appreciated

9. kC_

kC_ Registered Member

yup i hoped that with V4.x, but every build was worse than the last.. i had a 2year license (still got more than 6months left on it) but was stuck to using v3.51.

then tried 2008, and omg i dont think im allowed to use the words i want to use on this forum that would describe it.

i would advise you use acronis true image/ghost before you instal outpost! and also make sure to trial it before purchasing, as agnitum WILL not refund a penny for their dodgy software

10. mercurie

I am sorry I can not offer you insight. I just don't know. I would rather say that then offer you B.S. Always glad to help when I really have something to offer. As you can see in my sig I am using old version of OutPost but am considering replacing with the WebRoot FW. Just give it a try and keep if I like it. Already down loaded but did not install yet. I do see increased horror stories here and other places for the OP 2008, which I have not tried. :doubt:

11. kurchatovium

kurchatovium Registered Member

What are the bugs with the latest Outpost? Is it a stability problem primarily? Or is it too strict and people are having all sorts of problems connecting to the net?

12. mercurie

For me just to name a few things it slows me down, hangs and just did not work as well as other firewalls I have used...oh yes and later versions were heavy on my limited RAM. Sometimes it seemed to forget my application permissions, not as bad as ZoneAlarm on that issue however.

I have used it on both PC 1 and PC 2 with similar results so for me it was not specfic to one machine. This is unsual for me as most of the things I try will work better on one machine or the other. :doubt:

I have yet to find a firewall I really like that much.

13. kurchatovium

I am having a similar problem finding a firewall I like and I need a Vista compatability as well. Not easy meeting the Vista need too.

14. RealResults

RealResults Registered Member

15. Shelty

Shelty Registered Member

I finally decided to install it and it has been running good on WinXP.

16. kurchatovium

17. TVH

TVH Registered Member

Great release. Works perfectly with nod32 and SAS Pro. Find it to be just as effective and less resource intensive compared to OA and Comodo on winxp.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.