Outlook Express "Account" missing bug

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by am_dew, Feb 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. am_dew

am_dew Registered Member

I have multiple email accounts which all feed into one Outlook Express profile. Since installing ESET SS I have noticed that the "Account" column in Outlook Express has not been populated. Normally without ESET SS installed, the Account column will include the name of the account (Tools>Accounts in OE) for which that email was either sent from or rec'd from.

According to ESET Support, the solution is to first try setting ESET SS to "Maximum Compatibility" under POP3 setting or if that does not work to disable Outlook Express integration completely. The first fix does not work but the last one does.

Does anyone else experience this issue with OE and ESET SS? Seems to me this is somewhat of an obvious oversight/bug and needs to be fixed.

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

This has been already discussed here in the past - it's a shortcoming of OE's API that it doesn't include metainformation when copying messages. We have already found a workaround for this (a sort of patch) which will be included in the next version.

3. am_dew

am_dew Registered Member

Thanks Marcos. With OE integration disabled, are my emails still being scanned?

4. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you receive them via POP3 and have email protection enabled, then all incoming email will be scanned. However, doing so will disable spam checking.

5. am_dew

am_dew Registered Member

OK, that's good to know. Losing spam checking is not important since my email is very effectively filtered for spam before OE even has a chance to download it...I am one of those dying breed of UNIX shell account users and I view the vast majority of my email using MUTT--a UNIX email client--and the only time I ever use OE is when I need to retrieve attachments or view non-text based email.

6. StoneDog

StoneDog Registered Member

Marcos,
    this issue has troubled me as well for some time - good to hear it has been resolved. Is it also resolved for Windows Mail where the same behavior occurs ?
    ... and in which release has this been resolved ?
    /DOG

7. epson

epson Registered Member

Hi all,

I have the same problem as above. How do I disable Outlook Express integration completely?.

Thanks for your help.

8. epson

epson Registered Member

Found the answer on here!!.

Goto Setup, Advanced Setup, Miscellaneous, Email client integration

Uncheck the Integrate into Outlook Express.:)

May help others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.