Outlook Back-up

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by BackItUp, May 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BackItUp

BackItUp Guest

Does anyone know of a good **freeware** e-mail back-up utility for MS Outlook? I've seen one for Outlook Express but not for Outlook (big version). Please post where I can download it if you know of one. Thank-you.

2. SpikeyB

SpikeyB Registered Member

Maybe you want to specifically use a backup utility but I backup by making a copy of the relevant .pst file.

You can find this by right clicking on Outlook today (assuming you have folder list selected from the view menu), then select properties, then select advanced. The second box down shows the path to your e-mail storage file (it also holds the calendar, contacts etc). Just use windows explorer to locate it and copy it somewhere safe.

Hope it helps.

3. SpikeyB

SpikeyB Registered Member

Oh I forgot. In case you want to retrieve your backed up e-mails. From the Outlook menu select File - Open - Personal folders file (.pst). Browse to your backed up file, select it and press OK. Your backed up file will show up in your folder list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.