Outlook 2007 - no backup possible

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Zecke, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zecke

Zecke Registered Member

Hello!
    I'm using TI11. I'm trying to do a backup of outlook 2007. It won't work! It stops after a short time and nothing will happen. The bar stays at 0% and will not finish. I also can't abort the task - it tells me that the task has stopped, but it hasn't.
    I had no problems with TI10 doing this!! I have nothing changed on my system, I only installed TI11 and deinstalled TI10 before. When I try to safe Outlook Express, I have no errors. I use WindowsXP SP2.
    What is this?
    Best regards
    Zecke

2. cipherdias

cipherdias Registered Member

you ARE ensuring that outlook is closed before the backup starts, correct?

3. Zecke

Zecke Registered Member

Outlook is not running when I try to backup my eMails. It's totally closed before I start backup.

4. wenglish98027

wenglish98027 Registered Member

Do you have a PDA or smartphone that synchronizes to Outlook, and is it connnected to the PC? This will cause Outlook to run without displaying a window.

Mike

5. Zecke

Zecke Registered Member

No, I do not have anything like this, but thanks fpr the idea. I checked it with the task-manager, there is no part of outlook 2007 running.

@Acronis Support: Do you read the posts here? I'm getting no answers since today! I want you to solve my problem (and I'am not alone)! So please post here!

Any others ideas why TI10 does backup and TI11 not? No changes were made.

Regards
    Zecke

6. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

I can't acutally find an Acronis script for backing up Outlook - Excel, Word, Front Page - but not Outlook.

Check in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\BackupScripts

Colin

7. Zecke

Zecke Registered Member

There is no script for outlook 2007. TI11 uses the internal backup program of Microsoft, but I don't know how exactly. Maybe here is something corrupt. But Acronis does not answer me how it exactly works, so I can't fix the problem. Maybe it's only a missing file. I think it's simple, but Acronis does not care about it - even to post here. :blink:

regards
    Zecke

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.