Outlook 2007 error message about Add-in

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by amax, Feb 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amax

amax Registered Member

Since installing V3 at home I get this with my IMAP Outlook 2007. Any solutions?

The Add-in "NOD32 Emon" (C:\PROGRA~1\Eset\Emon.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in manufacturer for an update. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in.

2. alexsch8

alexsch8 Registered Member

I have also been receiving this error recently in Outlook 2007. I noticed it seems to be happening when an email comes in with many graphic/picture elements.

Anyone else seeing this? I updated to latest version of NOD32 and it is still happening.

3. halcyon

halcyon Registered Member

I had the exact same problem.

Uninstalling NOD32 not only hosed my winsock complety causing a full loss of Internet connectivity (try winsockxpfix for that), but also Outlook started complaining about missing NOD32 Emon Add-in.

For Outlook 2007 I had to do this:

1. From Outlook pull-down menus select:
    Tools -> Trust Center -> Add-ins

2. On the Trust Center / Add-ins page, select "Manage Exchange Client Extensions" and Click "Go..."

3. Unselect the "NOD32 EMON" and press "OK"

4. Close and Restart Outlook. No more complaints.

Unfortunately, I don't know where/how to completely remove the remnants of NOD32 EMON from my Outlook configuration, but disabled like instructed above it no longer complains.

I must say that the uninstall experience of NOD32 left a lot be desired.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.