outgoing connection/LnS exe?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by fred22, Feb 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fred22

fred22 Registered Member

hey :) .. why is it that Look'n'Stop.exe keeps making an outgoing connection?.. i placed checkmark to see the connection attempts.. my version is legally bought btw and fully working.. i dont understand that it connects 4 times in 30sec only? ... they keep showing up...

is it needed? my copy is already activated so why does it make outgoing connection so much?

Attached Files:

2. mmutant

mmutant Registered Member

Maybe it wants to check for new versions? :) (options/Miscellaneous)

3. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

As the blocked packets after the application block are for Netbios-Name Service, it could be realted to failed DNS lookups. When these lookups fail, Windows will resort to Netbios to resolve the address.

Try disabling (uncheck) Solve IP address Names under Options and see if that stops those lookups and log entries.

Regards,

CrazyM

4. fred22

fred22 Registered Member

Hi, .. Unchecked "Solve IP address Names" ...problem fixed...as u see i dont know sh*t of firewalls .. thnx for fix guys! :thumb:

5. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Glad to hear that worked for you. Are you on a home network/LAN where you would want/need Netbios enabled?

Regards,

CrazyM

6. fred22

fred22 Registered Member

hey CM .. no LAN/network atm .. although i have my Xbox connected on a seperet network card(xbmc etc..) not sharing the internet btw..

why u ask? should i change something? gimme tips :)
    i notice alot of UDP Blocks from my ISP(same as screenshot) thats about it ... using phantom's ruleset btw

7. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

If you have no need for Netbios you can disable it under you NIC properties, then stop and disable the TCP/Netbios Helper service.

Regards,

CrazyM

8. fred22

fred22 Registered Member

TCP/Netbios Helper service isn't running, thx for tip on disabling netbios :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.