Outbound Port Test?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by detard, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. detard

detard Registered Member

Hello,

I've seen other threads posted here and have gone unresolved regarding the question that I have.

I'm sitting at an organization that has a firewall that is configured by a 3rd party and what I'm trying to do is VPN to my a router at another site and gain access to a server in this site. I'm having problems connecting though and I believe that the tunnel is being blocked at port 1723, though I'm uncertain. I do not have access to our firewall to look at it's configuration, but I would like some way of finding out what ports are being blocked internally.

So here's what I'm looking for.... I need some sort of "reverse" port scanner. Basically a server that accepts connections at all ports and confirms that I have made the connection to this port. I do NOT want a port scanner software nor do I want a port monitor, I've used a lot of them in the years of network troubleshooting I've gone through and none of these will help me whatsoever so please do not suggest them. Honestly, if this sort of solution does not exist, it's not really that difficult a service to create, and I'd be amazed if in fact it doesn't exist at all.

Really what should happen in testing is that I should be able to connect to this service via a web interface on port 80 (confirming of course that 80 is open from me to this server) and then have me try to connect to it at all other ports on a specified range. It'd give a list of connected and/or timed out ports.

1: Connected
    2: Connected
    3: Connected
    8080: Timed out

That sort of thing. Anyone know of this sort of service?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.