oupost pro vs. zonealarm pro.

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by Flashman, Aug 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flashman

Flashman Guest

hi,

I know that outpost is rules based and ZA is application based but is ZA now better due to its triple layer protection? Also, is ZA pro as light on resources as outpost is? In sum, which is currently the stronger firewall...start your engines.

thanks,

F.

2. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

Tiny Firewall Pro ;)

But form th eother two I have licensed Outpost and tried ZA. ZA still goes way too deep in a system and isn't that light also..

3. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

ZA is just more bloated. i use outpost with processguard and online armor. also consider that ZA has privacy features like for cookies and popups etc...but only if u need them otherwise teh controls in IE and FF should be more than enough.

4. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

ZA Pro does allow detailed rules creation like Outpost does so the choice there will probably come down to interface. Some of the features of ZA's "OS Firewall" look to be useful but do not look to be as comprehensive as the protection offered by the likes of Process Guard. ZA's SmartDefense Advisor may also be handy for those unsure of what to allow or block, but others may not like its decisions (giving Windows components full access?) and prefer to make their own.

I'd suggest that ZA would be more suitable for inexperienced users with Outpost (paired with Process Guard) better for those who wish to have more control over their system.

5. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

If rule making is important then I'd have to vote for Outpost hands down over ZAP. ZAP's rule making interface is horrible in my opinion. Very user-unfriendly and at times even incomprehensible (to me anyway). Outpost on the other hand allows you to make and edit rules very easily.

6. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Well, having used both ZA Pro and OutPost Pro I can tell you this based on my experience. OutPost wins hands down. They just seem to take greater care to release good ready for the public products. Very little problems.

Go with OutPost if you are considering between these two. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.