Other security software flagged as a virus

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by aksupport, Feb 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aksupport

aksupport Registered Member

Hello,

Recently, software that I support was flagged as a possible new virus by ESET Smart Security. I am looking on behalf of my company into ways to prevent this. Do we have to tell our clients to exempt the files individually or is there a method of preventing its recognition as a threat across any client that uses ESET products.

Thank you.

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Please submit the file(s) being detected by ESET Smart Security in a .ZIP or .RAR archive file protected with a password of "infected" (that is a standard password to use and does not reflect on the status of the files inside the archive) to ESET's virus lab at support@eset.sk with a Subject: of "False Positive - {name of identified threat}" and information such as the build of ESET Smart Security and virus signature database version that gave the report, your contact information, a link to this message thread and any other information you think might be helpful in resolving the issue.

False positive alarms are handled as a high priority by the virus lab.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. aksupport

aksupport Registered Member

Thanks much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.