OT by an inch: Good laptop?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by sarutaro, Oct 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sarutaro

sarutaro Registered Member

I see that tons of computer gurus are right in this forum. So I am tempted to ask a question because Christmas season is around the corner.

My question is about to get a recommendation for a good laptop which can replace my desktop workhorse and also can be easily backed up by TI. My budget is around $2K. Any suggestion? TIA. Sarutaro

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Heya - well this is off-topic for the Acronis forum so I'm gonna move it to the appropriate Wilder's forum subsection. I also dare to venture the opinion that you will get even more responses from other qualified posters who do not frequent the Acronis section ;-)

3. screamer

screamer Registered Member

Sarutaro,

I picked up a dell E1705 w/ MCE2005 on e-bay for 2K. Primarially a gaming rig, it's built for performance. I'm not a gamer but I prefer gaming machines for their power.

hth,

...screamer

btw: this was in April before intels new chip. You can probably get a better deal than I did, now.

4. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

5. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

It might be a bit generic, but Whatever Toshiba has off the rack has always been rock solid for me since 386's ( now a typewriter ).

One even survived a 2 metre fall onto concrete :eek: and still operates 3 years later.

If you can find a good reseller there are some configuration changes that can be made to order.

Some complications now with decisions re BLURAY v "the other one" drives.

SPend a bit more if possible to future proof it as possible.
    If that is $US2k, you should be able to get a serious rocketship. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.