OSAM: Autorun Manager v5.0 - against rookits that hide their files!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Mihail Fradkov, Dec 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mihail Fradkov

Mihail Fradkov Registered Member

OSAM: Autorun Manager v5.0 - against rookits that hide their files!
    11-Sep-2009

As mentioned before, a few weeks ago we recommenced the works on our first public product, namely OSAM: Online Solutions Autorun Manager.

Releasing this, fifth, version of the product has turned hard for our company. For a number of reasons of different nature the release data had to be moved several times. However, we managed to brace up and - thanks to join efforts - finally released the new version of the product.

Now, greet OSAM: Online Solutions Autorun Manager v5.0!

The 5th version provides a unique possibility to detect and remove rootkits that hide their files on the hard disk. Hiding registry keys and files rootkit techniques are spreading wider and wider, so our company had nothing to do but invent and implement a solution for detecting and removing such malware. And we did it! OSAM applies algorithms that parse and the structure of file systems on hard disks without involving any mechanisms of the operating system and thus detects and removes almost all the known viruses and other types of malware.

Presently OSAM detects hidden files, in addition to detecting hidden registry entries, which allows for using it in detecting and removing newest and up-to-date viruses.

http://www.online-solutions.ru/common/images/osam/conficker_removal_250.jpg

One-click removal of the Conficker (Downadup) worm using OSAM

For a long time, our malware analysts have requested on improvements in processing of Windows .job files. Good news - version v5.0 features a fundamentally modified and improved the information retrieval method. This modification has significantly simplified detection and removal of viruses, improved and accelerated the procedure of adding information to malware databases.

Due to high popularity of our product among Windows Vista and Windows 7 users, a set of considerable improvements have been introduced into support of these operating systems.

Besides, we have reworked a large number of scanning techniques and data processing algorithms, fixed the known bugs, and implemented several helpful functions (please, refer to the complete list of updates).

We are sure that you will like the new version of OSAM: Online Solutions Autorun Manager as it will help you always keep your computer safe and sound!

We are glad to once again express our thanks to Julia (JM) for her patience, devotion to the company, and confidence of success! Hold on!

We are also glad to inform all users of OSSS: Security Suite, that besides the OSAM version 5 release, during the recent four weeks we have worked hard on the client-server interaction. This work has been very fruitful and resulted in serious improvements in the functionality, which we hope to present in a new version of the product, due in the near future.

If you use various software and would like to participate in beta-testing of our new secutiry techniques, apply for participation at the following address: beta@online-solutions.ru.

2. tipo

tipo Registered Member

this is one nice piece of software!
    :thumb:

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

Michael i use the security suite but i could see anywhere i the active processess list for running processess how to disable,stop,block or terminate procesess in real time or even rigth click and make a rule:D are you consider adding this feature?thanks i like the autorun manager is it same version 5 in the security package?thanks again

4. Victek

Victek Registered Member

Any idea when a Windows 7 x64 version will become available? TIA

5. inka

inka Registered Member

jmonge, the OSAM v5 screenshots show new/different features compared to the current OSSS System tab -} Autorun Manager subtab

Will the next release of OSSS include all the "OSAM v5.0" functionality?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2009
  6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thanks inka:thumb:

7. Mihail Fradkov

jmonge, please ask questions about Security Suite on our forum on in topic related to OSSS. To do not mix questions/answers for different applications. I think this is better for all. :)

Yes, we will add this feature. Probably, this will be included in OSSS v1.4 (next release).

About creating rules from the "Active Processes" list. Just a question: what type of rules do you planning to create in this manner? It's interested.

OSAM in the OSSS is a newer build than a separate program. But most of changes are cosmetic.

8. Mihail Fradkov

You can use current version of OSAM on Windows 7.

It is a not a native x64 application, but we made it compatible with x64 systems much as it possible at all (some restrictions exists - for example, "Removing with driver" option is disabled).

We are planning to make a native x64 release, but I cannot say a period when we will do this.

9. Mihail Fradkov

OSSS uses absolutely the same OSAM - all features are included (it's just newer, because we released OSSS for 2.5 monthes later). Moreover, I must say, that OSAM in the OSSS is more powerful, because OSAM's Service is working as real system service (with system privileges).

10. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thanks michael and it is needed for hips programs and about making rules from active procesess i consider very interested for let's say just in case there is a visble malware running in memory so just with a mouse click terminate and block;) it will be nice to have in case of any emergency:D

11. Mihail Fradkov

Thank you, jmonge. We will implement this in the next release.

12. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thanks michael;)

13. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

also will rootkit get visible when running the scaner?thanks

14. Mihail Fradkov

You will see it hidden files and/or hidden entries in the registry. More information is available here.

15. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thanks

16. Habakuck

Habakuck Registered Member

I downloaded the latest protable version to my Win7 x64 desktop.

After the scan i am not able to Save the log. The button klicks down but nothing happens?

What shall i do to get a log?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.