OS to SSD UEFI Problem

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by jasonthekidd, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonthekidd

jasonthekidd Registered Member

Alright, this may be a real stupid problem....

I had no problem transferring my OEM OS (Windows :cool: From my 1TB Seagate Baracudda SATA HDD to a 128GB OCZ Vertex 4 SSD. The process went smooth and fast.

I restarted as the Paragon instructions stated to do.

When I enter the UEFI/BIOS by pressing F2 on startup, I am NOT given the option to BOOT from my OCZ Vertex 4 SSD. My only options are my Seagate Baracudda (C:\) and a 4GB memory card which is in my HP printer. My other drives are not shown.

I have the OCD Vertex 128GB SSD which I copied the OS to and also a 128GB Crucial M4 SSD. The Crucial M4 is visible and usable in Windows File Explorer. The OCZ Vertex 4 disappears once I copy the OS to it using Paragon Migrate. I can see it in Disk Manager but it does not have a Drive Label...hence the disappearance when I try to explore it in Windows File Explorer.

Am I missing something here? Why does my UEFI/BIOS not give me the option to boot from all/each of my drives?
    Could it be how they are plugged into the SATA Ports on the Motherboard? I have the Seagate HDD plugged into a SATA6 port 0 and the Vertex SSD plugged into SATA6 Port 1. The Crucial M4 is plugged into a SATA3 Port (Underpowered but no SATA6 ports available) and then my CD ROM is also in a SATA3 port.

Any help is MUCH appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your replies!

2. jasonthekidd

OK, Should have read other posts first.

Sorry for being such a newbie.

I'm going to try to disconnect my Seagate Baracudda and plug the OCZ Vertex 4 into the SATA Port that the HDD was plugged into and try a restart.

Wish me luck. Hopefully Ill be posting a success in a few minutes.

Thanks!

3. jasonthekidd

TA-DA! Faster than ever and completely successful!

My OCZ Vertex 4 is up and running Windows 8 perfectly.

4. jasonthekidd

Alright...

So my OLD C: Drive now shows up as drives E, F, H.....Two - 430GB Partitions (E and F) and a 59GB Windows Partition ( H ). Can the Windows ( H ) Partition be deleted?

There are also 2 recovery partitions. A 12.0GB and a 800MB on separate partitions. There is also a 260MB EFI System Partition. Should I copy these over to my new C: Drive? Is it possible to copy them over to my new C: Drive?

How do I move a recovery partition? Or is that out of the realm of this forum's purpose?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.