OS Selector not showing copied partitions?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by djdoc, Jun 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djdoc

djdoc Registered Member

I have 2 hard drives. I can copy a partition (including all files) from drive 1 to
    drive 2 using Disk Director. And Disk Director shows that it has been copied.
    The problem is that when I try to use the OS Selector to access it, it is not listed.

However, if I make a copy of a partition from drive 1 to drive 1 it shows up on the OS Selector.

Doesn't make sense to me. Any suggestions are appreciated. :doubt:

2. memilm

memilm Registered Member

have the same problem.
    Is there a way to implement a new function to force os selector to search for all operating systems and for all copies of operating systems created with os selector/director suite or other third party partitioning tools?

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello djdoc and memilm,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

During the installation Acronis OS Selector looks for all supported operating systems installed in the system. Please try to reinstall it and let me know the result.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. memilm

memilm Registered Member

a new installation has not recognize the copied operating system and nothing was added to the list of the bootable os.
    Is there a relations between osselector and bootwiz directory? How can I recognize wich directory corespond to the first operating system and wich to the others?

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello memilm,

The BOOTWIZ folder contains configuration files of Acronis OS Selector. Could you please let me know whether you are able to load the copied operating system without Acronis OS Selector. It seems that you need to add it to the loader using bootcfg /add command in Windows Recovery Console.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.