OS Selector Hangs on install

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by SpikeyUK, Oct 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpikeyUK

SpikeyUK Registered Member

Hi,

I have installed OS Selector on my system and it works up to reboot where it kicks in and says it is updating files, the drive spins for a long time, the progress bar is at about 80% then it just sits there.

I have four drives:

1 IDE main system drive with two partitions, main OS and a secondary OS
    1 IDE data drive with one partition
    2 SATA drives mirrored as one drive with one partition

I also have a default windows XP OS selector menu in the boot.ini, do I need to disable this for OS selctor to configure properly? or could something else be wrong?

Incidentally, when I disable the OS selector, the edefault boot menu works fine, also if I reset during the update process it boots into the OS selector but with only the floppy drive option shown, no other OS's.

Thanks.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello SpikeyUK,

Please tell us what is the exact message you receive upon booting? Please also try to reactivate the OS Selector. If the above doesn't help please do the following:

Please download Acronis Report utility available at http://www.acronis.com/files/support/AcronisReport.exe and run it, create a report and send it to us. This would provide us with detailed information on the hard disk partition structure. This report also includes the logfile from the OS Selector so it is more than just useful.

Please collect the information requested above and contact us from our web-site: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/support/ . Please don't forget to send the link to this thread along with gathered information. This would allow us to investigate the problem and help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Semyonov Vasily

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.