OS Selector De-activates Windows XP

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by BillK, Nov 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillK

BillK Guest

I have a very simple system setup. Partition 1 of my primary hard drive has Windows XP Pro installed - minimal install. Partition 2 has Windows XP Pro installed which I use as my working system. Partition 3 has Windows 2000 installed as a test operating system partition. After installing OS Selector (the most recent version) I booted the Partition 1 operating system. Everything seemed OK. I then booted my Partition 2 operating system only to find that when I tried to log on, it told me I couldn't use the Windows XP until I activated it. This OS was already activated. Strange. I booted back to my Partition 1 OS and everything seemed OK. I then deactivated OS Selector, rebooted to my partition 1 operating system and still found it de-activated (Windows XP activation). I then rebooted to Partitiion 1 (remember, OS Selector is no longer active) and now found that is was as well Windows XP deactivated. I fix this problem by restoring the operating system(s) from a previously saved image (TrueImage). After the restore, both operating systems are OS activated.

Any ideas?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.