OS Migration copy error

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by Nikoli123, Dec 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nikoli123

Nikoli123 Registered Member

Copied my OS to new SSD.
    Did not boot on restart.
    Attempted to re-copy my OS onto SSD. (Thinking I had forgotten an important file or something like that)
    With about 33 minutes left to copy OS, prompted to restart computer.
    (This did not occur the first time I "successfully" copied to SSD)
    Restart and go to very DOS-like copy GUI.
    Program attempts to copy OS but runs into problems about 1/2 way through process. Get "Some error occured. Cannot read file"
    I assume that the program runs into a problem it did not encounter in the first copy and that is why it tries to copy the OS from earlier in the boot up process.

Question: Why doesnt the program work like it did the first time? I have made not changes to the system since this all took place yesterday. Why am I getting this cannot read error?

I have a Dell XPS 630i Motherboard running Vista. SSD is seen in BIOS but not in Windows. (I could see it in Windows after first successful copy but not since I tried to re-copy it to SSD) SSD is an INTEL 120GB 320 Series. I have downloaded the update to Migrate OS to SSD program, but same results.

ANY help will be greatly appreciated!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.