OS backup

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by B007 Plus, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B007 Plus

B007 Plus Registered Member

Newbie here...
    Looking to backup my PC. About a month ago I lost 2 blocks on my hard drive both on the boot sector. After several weeks of reloading the OS and all the programs I decided that I needed a better answer for such failures. Tried Acronis OMG what a web of tentacles to remove when i tried to uninstall. Read a lot of good reviews in HDM 11. Begun trial, I am looking to fully test this product before I buy.
    So if I have interpreted the manual correctly cloning is a one time deal copying the whole disk to another "spare" disk. No incrementals no differentials. To change the clone due to changes in the OS I need to re-clone.
    If I want to periodically capture changes I will need to do a partition backup of the OS partition and perform a scheduled differential or incremental- I'm thinking differential. So far so good?
    It appears that there is no ability to perform a scheduled full backup - Is this true?
    If HDM 11 is capable of doing this is there away to have it automatically keep only X number of Full backups and or incrementals or is this strictly a manual operation?
    Thanks for you help and your time!

2. Rolo42

Rolo42 Registered Member

PM has scheduling (and wonderfully uses Task Scheduler), so I'd assume HDM does.

Cloning is to duplicate a disk either for multiple deployments or to replace the cloned disk with another, not a good idea for backups.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.