Opinions of www.experts-exchange.com

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Birdysx, Jan 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birdysx

Birdysx Registered Member

Below is a block of text that they are using to get attention on the search engines. I have the same question what are your feelings on that?

Sunray,
    After installing spyblaster I noticed that when I ran spy bot search and destroy it said the spyblaster was a copy of spybot search and destroy,"do not use spyblaster software" What are your thoughts on this ? d_may

Accepted Answer from sunray_2003
    Date: 11/22/2003 01:22PM PST
    Accepted Answer

Hmm.. I donot think I have faced this issue... Just run spybot , Ad-aware, Trojan remover and Hijackthis .. these would itself help you remove all spywares.. I just had collected that list and hence gave those

2. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Javacool is the author is Spywareblaster, not Spyblaster. Spyblaster is from some "noadsoftware" which has a pretty fishy looking site, IMHO. Check them out via Google.

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I've suspected for a while that Spyblaster and its people like to play borderline-ethical games.

I've been fairly active at the avast (A-V) forums for a while, and SG and SB were recommended to me by friends there, who neglected to give me an address to take a look at them and download.

So I did a DogPile seach, and there they were (apparently) right at the top. But when I clicked on the link, it took me to the Spyblaster site. Fortunately I noticed it didn't look right before I downloaded, although I did accept several of their cookies (which I've since deleted and blocked).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.