Opinions of F-Secure

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JerryM, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trjam

trjam Registered Member

lodore , you have a license , use it my friend.

2. lodore

lodore Registered Member

im gonna use the nod32 license on the pc im gonna build when ive got the money link

3. Macstorm

Macstorm Registered Member

So does nod32 licenses starts from the day you install the product or when first purchased? o_O

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

4. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Hey Mac, I was just pulling your leg. I am F-Secure my friend.

5. Macstorm

I see, Trjam. Your ever changing avatar is driving me nuts o_O :D

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

6. trjam

trjam Registered Member

I know, I apologize.:'(

7. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I am continuing to experience very poor customer support. I opened a support ticket on Jan. 14, 2007, I received one query asking for more info on the 18th, which I immediately provided, but no further response. I wonder if I am going to have to open another support request.

I even got an email on 1 Feb asking me to evaluate the support I received, and told them that nothing had been done. I am still waiting.

Best,
    Jerry

8. Macstorm

Are you a registered user Jerry?

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

9. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I understood the heuristics will become available in the same manner as signature updates, and not as a brand new program version. Sure, there will probably be false positives as most vendors discover until they are reported.

10. NAMOR

NAMOR Registered Member

Someone should make him an animated one that displays multiple AV's. :D

11. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

If you mean that the license is accepted, and operational, yes. I am not aware that you can use it unless you are registered, which happens during the installation and activation process.

There has been no problem with FSIS 2006 updating and the license is shown to expire in three years. I just have not been able to upgrade to 2007. When I downloaded and installed 2007 it did not accept my license.
    But if there is a problem, I am at a loss as to why they do not inform me, instead of doing nothing.

Best,
    Jerry

12. Macstorm

Excuse my misunderstanding, do you mean that you bought the FSIS 2007 upgrade version and they did not accept your license?

By the way, I asked you about your registration because I thought that 'poor customer support' issue you mentioned above was related to the using of trial versions.

Regards,

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

13. Simon6776

Simon6776 Registered Member

Again, I can only surmise that you have been unlucky, Jerry. They have offered support for me, and I am still using an evaluation license. Although, I have to say, they have yet to find a solution to my scanning problem, they have at least replied to my emails.

I would suggest starting another support ticket, and if they complain, well, you have something to fire back with. In my opinion, they should look after 'evaluees' just as well as fully licensed users, as if the 'eveluees' receive poor support, they are not likely to fully license the product.

14. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

What I bought was an OEM three year subscription with CD of FSIS 2006. It downloads, installs, and is accepted. I bought if off ebay from a seller in UK.

Now if FS does not want to support that I just want to know it, instead of being ignored. If they do not I won't jump off a cliff. I have bought OEM versions of Norton in the past with no problems as long as the license was within its time frame.
    My assumption re OEM is that when FS 2007 came out those who had V 2006 sold them and did not have to install them and then update to 2007.

Not sure what else I can say. I am glad for those who have good support, but my experience has been unsatisfactory with FS.

Regards,
    Jerry

15. Macstorm

Most likely their policy about OEM licenses does not allow to upgrade from that way, this would explain why they offer a FSIS 2007 upgrade version: http://www.f-secure.co.uk/home_user/buyonline/fsisupg.html

Regards,

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

16. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

You may be correct. I have sent a second support request, and maybe I can learn what their policy is regarding OEM support.

I still like the program, and it runs well. I may have to live with the 2006 version for awhile. My current license for FS AV 2007 lasts until July 07. FWIW it did upgrade from 2006 to 2007 without problems.

Best,
    Jerry

17. Simon6776

Simon6776 Registered Member

Hmm... do the actual licenses differ from retail to OEM? I'm now wondering if my OEM 2007 license will work, now that I have a non-OEM version of the program installed (which they told me to do). It's currently registered under my 2006 license, which still has 3 months to go so I thought I might as well use it. I suppose if the worst comes to the worst, I'll just have to reinstall the OEM version, when it comes to re-licensing in May.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.