Opinions about Panda IS 2010

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Noob, Jan 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noob

Noob Registered Member

What are your opinions about Panda Internet Security 2010
    Since i just got rid or KIS 2010 (Again bro complaining about PC slowdowns) :mad:

I currently have a 1 year license for Panda IS 2010
    And wanted some opinions from you guys :D
    Is it good?
    How would you rate their protection? (Signatures, heuristics, "proactive defense", and all other aspects)

I know i can try it myself but i need some opinions too, since i'm still a newb in this :cool:
    BTW, the license that i got was free :ninja:

2. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

its a nice overall av. imo if you had slowdown with kis then panda will imo show even more. its not at all what i would call a heavy suite but its still showed some slowdowns for me even on a system with a i7 920. again not at all bad though. good detection imo, the firewall is not that great though. kis has a WAY nicer firewall. with panda i tested it on a few things and even when i told it to not allow a certain program they still got through.

3. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

its pretty good, ull be perfectly fine with Panda IS 2010, its a capable program.

4. kasperking

kasperking Registered Member

it runs light....but be prepared for +15..:eek: processes of Panda IS 2010 running...

5. icr

icr Registered Member

They latest version of panda is greatly improved as compared to its previous versions and also it incorporates panda cloud scanning technology in all its 2010 versions.

In terms of detection it is good and better when you connected to the net as it uses both signatures in offline as well as cloud ones so better detection and also good against unknown and rogue threats.

I assume you have atleast 1 GB of RAM as even though specified it can work on 512MB but it is better to have more than 1 GB. As for the firewall it isn't much interactive it does decisions without user's help.

6. falkor

falkor Registered Member

Same here . Totally agree

7. Zombini

Zombini Registered Member

I wouldn't even consider Panda since they dont participate in the Av-Comparatives test. Not sure why. So who knows how good their protection is.

8. Noob

Noob Registered Member

So now i have it installed, actually it's all running smooth. :cool:
    And no complains up to now :cautious:

9. icr

icr Registered Member

Well they were not participating earlier now they have again decided to test their product in AV-C the ongoing thread regarding panda is here

10. Noob

Noob Registered Member

We will see how they perform against the others soon :D

11. iravgupta

iravgupta Registered Member

Anytime you feel your suite is slowing you down, install McAfee for a few days, remove it, and install the previous one, your system will feel lighter.

12. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

LOL, :D

13. kmr1685

kmr1685 Registered Member

ok LOL:argh: better install zonealarm security suite with spywaredoctor with real time protection and surfing with sandboxed web browser,:eek: and uninstall everything -----> then install mcafee total protection suite, then you will know what i mean*.:D ;)

or else if you dare enough install pctools internet security in winxp or vista machine then also will you see what is really slow down means.:D

(*your computer will blow up due to over heat of processor :eek: or ram will failure due too many BSODs;) .cool ha :cool: if anybody do not believe it, well then experiment it yourself.o_O i won't like to loose another PC for this stupid configuration.)o_O :ouch:
    :p

Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
  14. icr

icr Registered Member

I have tried it and really didn't feel any slow downs:cautious:

back on topic
    Panda used to be heavy but their 2010 products have been greatly improved in terms of resource usage though number of processes is still issue(~15 when everything idle) but all of them are rightly handled and that is what matters along with protection ofcourse:p

15. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Why is everyone talking about how many processes are installed? If they are all light why worry about it :D

16. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

just depends on the person. i will not use a av with a ton of procc's i just dont like that.

17. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Can't believe Panda only updates like once or twice a day :blink:

18. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Don't forget you get TruPrevent plus I think you get access to Panda's cloud with the 2010 version, I don't know for sure.

19. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Oh, Panda IS 2010 has cloud integrated? :ninja:

20. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Here is a quote I found

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.