"Operation terminated by User" is it a bug or its just me?

Discussion in 'Acronis Disk Director Suite' started by myhomie, Dec 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. myhomie

myhomie Registered Member

it doesnt work. i tried using the 2640 ver i think (correct me if im wrong) and when it is rebooting this seems to be fine and its doing its job according to the screen but after windows loads nothings happens!

so i updated it to 2077 hoping that this build would do the trick but sadly same thing happens it seems to be doing its job when rebooting but still no partition created. ive tried it for 4 time now i think.

so i checked the log viewer and it says commited pending started and several others but at the end it says "Operation terminated by user" at time 23:10:21 exactly the same time as the "rebooting windows. operation will be executed before the system starts..." suggesting that there somethings wrong with application coz im not doing anything i just let it reboot.
    and even if it says "operation ternunated by user" it still is doing its job after the reboot, which sholdnt be if i terminated it.

is this a known bug in disk director suite 10.2077? or is it just me?

i really like the program coz i think its very useful but nothing is working for me what should i do?

need help here thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello myhomie,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Partition and Disk Managing Software.

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

3. rippedoff

rippedoff Guest

I have the same problem that is reported here.

Is it too much to ask to buy software that works? I did what you suggested here -- namely "upgraded" the drivers. The "upgrade" made it so Disk Directory would no longer run, due to missing modules. Some upgrade.

Anyway, I wish I could get a freakin' refund.

4. Acronis Support

Hello rippedoff,

Could you please clarify: what is the exact name of the product that you use?

Could you please also let me know the build number of the product, which you can find in the Help -> About dialog (it should be a 3 or 4 digit number)?

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

5. g-spot-web

g-spot-web Registered Member

I too am getting the same problem (running build 2089).

The program goes through the motions of creating a new partition but once the computer has rebooted there is no new partition.

I checked the log files and found each time "Operation terminated by User".

I am for sure not terminating the Operation.

Please tell me what to do!!!!

6. Acronis Support

Hello g-spot-web,

Please be aware that most likely this operation termination was not caused by any of your actions. Probably some other process that runs from your user's name has caused it. So the log file indicates that it was terminated by User.

Please collect the following information that will allow us to investigate the issue and to find out what caused it:

Please download the latest version of Acronis drivers, install it with disabled logging and see if the problem still persists.

If the problem still persists then enable logging by running the Acronis drivers installation package once again, reproduce the problem and collect the c:\snapapi.log file.

Please create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Having collected all these files please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

7. g-spot-web

g-spot-web Registered Member

The final answer I received from Acronmis Support:

"Please try to create your partition using Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 bootable media. You can create bootable CD using the Bootable Media Builder in Tools option of Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0."

This worked perfectly. Shame I wasted so much time before finding this resolution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.